Kinect for Xbox One Also Coming to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
LOL, so will all future PC windows based games require Kinect as well? That would be too funny if that were ture....but not really

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
They should remove the E from One and switch the O and the N and just call it the "Xbox No"
Because I hate Msft and what they're doing to gaming. Its not an xbox, it's a Wii-Vo

bull22

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
I barely see the point of Kinect for Xbox other than kid or group games, therefore I really have no purpose for it on my PC.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Kinect for PC would be interesting to see/use. Being that I have no interest for Kinect otherwise, and no interest in the Xbox One, this is at least something I will pay attention to.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
So is this Microsoft's new plan to get rid of the keyboard and mouse since windows 8 failed to do so. So with Kinect coming to pc, will the next version of windows have three different UI's instead of two, one for keyboard/mouse, one for touch screen and now one for Kinect.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I have the kinect and kept it in the box after buying.
Just not worth the hassle, also how do they make sure there isnt spying through it???

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
This could be cool. Think about it. A mainstream device gets implemented with a PC. Then more games will support things like head-tracking

Hooray, for the low, low price of $400, you can get the privilege of installing a spy camera so MS can data mine you and sell the information to marketing firms. I doubt the new Kinect is going to be much better than the old one in terms of accuracy and usefulness. Oh well, it seems MS has gone off the deep end lately and are actively trying to alienate their existing client base.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I think this is actually pretty cool, at least from what I saw during the unveiling the stuff this could be used for. Just an idea if Bohemia ever decided they could use this to track facial expressions for individual players on there ARMA games. The PC has had TrackIR motion tracking since 2001, although just head tracking it was only a matter of time a console implemented this into there system.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
This could be neat if used in conjunction with some like http://www.geekosystem.com/soemote-everquest-ii/, only now you can pose your avatar even more intricately. The possibilities are interesting.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Bought a kinect to use for some simple motion capture stuff I was doing. Some of the captures needed a little tweaking but really saved a lot of time then going frame by frame manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.