King's Quest Fan Project is Alive Again, for FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]dwave[/nom]Sweet, good job Activision, glad to hear you aren't just a bunch of jerks.[/citation]
But they were jerks, only public outcry convinced them to do a 180. The 180 was done to save face, not because Activision has good guys in charge who care about your gaming. That is unless they can profit from it.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Is the remake true to the original where you died every other step if you didn't know what you were doing or are they softening it up for today's gamer? Personally, I'm a fan of the old-school, 'Nintendo Hard' style of game.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
I always had a tough time figuring out what I was supposed to do in those games. I can only remember one (the one that caused me grief) and I don't recall which one it was... Oh well.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]ChronoRemakeNowPlease[/nom]Now they need to do this to Square-Enix and get that Chrono Trigger remake up and running again. Or just hire the people, and pay them to make it, I'd pay for 3D Chrono Trigger. Jeeze. Chrono Resurection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVQ5O3R4lU[/citation]
Damn you, now I have to go and play Chrono trigger again. I still own an SNES specifically for that game. I also have an emulator so I can play on my laptop.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Yeah, Chrono trigger was awesome but I still keep my SNES because of my Super Mario Kart addiction. Now THAT game is fun!

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Too bad I gave up on PC gaming because Kings Quest/Quest for Glory, Police Quest, Space Quest, World of Xeen, 7th Guest, Gabriel Knight, etc etc etc were some of my most favorite games ever played. But that was back in teh days when people actually paid for PC games and didn't think they deserve them for free (roll eyes). It's only a matter of time before PC games are extinct.

G

A new Heroes Quest or Space Quest anywhere? They were the best...

joe gamer

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]wiinippongamer[/nom]look like crap to me, even if it's free[/citation]

What? it's FREE, you can't complain about something that's free, I mean you don't have to play it but disparaging it for the graphics is crazy. It's FREE!

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Can't complain about something that's free? Oh really, do you want a free knuckle sandwich? yea, free dog poop?

Anyway, the game looks fine.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
KQ series was the founder of the adventure genre and a hallmark in PC gaming, so I think it will be very difficult for this one to follow its trail.

Azriel4444

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
LOL what about Space Quest? Seriously though, it would be easier and more logical to do the Quest For Glory games. At least there was a stat system and real combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.