KINGSTON 120gb SSD SSDNOW V+200 vs samsung 830 128gb

Difference in SSD's are debateable. One has a faster speed in one point over another between drivers. So it becomes a question of do you want to install games and programs faster or do you want things to load faster. ALso storage for price. Some SSD's have gotten to a point of 1gb=1$. So just gotta find the right deal.

antonisrsx

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
as i know OCZ Agility 3 isnt so reliable.i ll install windows 7 one game and some programms.i want them to start fast and when i have many programs open at the same time my pc to be fast and respond. also i have an asus x58 sabertooth mobo with i7 950.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011

Will how much are you ganna spend?
Crucial is said to provide the most reliable SSD in the market(for price) so best if you go with this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148525

If you want the ultimate reliability than get this one
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IJA1EQ

for a cheaper but reliable than crucial, get this one
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Series-2-5-Inch-Solid-State-Retail/dp/B004T0DNOM/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

antonisrsx

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
i m from europe my friend.
i can find
kingston SSDNow V+200 Drive 120GB 180dollars
samsung 830 128gb 210dollars
crucial m4 128gb 197 dollars
i dont want intel ssd

Added
antonisrsx - Of the three listed, Go with the M4, Only 17 bucks more expensive.
In addition to the 2 Agility III, I also have 2 128 gig Curcial M4's and one 128 gig Samsung 830 - Both perform abut identically. The M4's I've had awhile and are great.
end added.

For starters, what SSDs do and what they do NOT do.
.. They will improve your Boot time. My time to load windows 7, from the end of Post (start load OS) to when I can open a program - about 15 Sec both for laprop and for my I5-2500k Desktop.
.. They will improve the load time of programs. I can click on a spreadsheet and Excel will load with the spreadsheet in the blink of an eye.
.. File load times for files ON the SSD are very fast.

.. They will not make a program run faster, Games will NOT see an increase in FPS.
.. They will NOT improve loading any files NOT on the HDD.
.. They will Not improve multitasking, out side of loading the programs faster.

** Ignore the manuf claims of high performance, they are quoting Sequencial read/writes using ATTO.
(A) Sequencial performance is the LEAST important parameter.
(B) ATTO uses Data that is Highly compressable - NOT representive of a OS + Program drive - IT is the 4K random performance that is important.
(C) There is not that much difference in performance between the "better" sata III SSDs in real life day-to-day usage.
Agility III:
.. The have finally gotten the firmware bugs out, only took them about 8 Months.
.. The Agillity III - My take (I own 2 120 gig agility IIIs). It is a SATA II SSD with a SATA III wraper. That is it performs NO better on a SATA III interface than on a SATA II port. As they say if it's cheap there is probably a reason!!

Next:
My recommendations in SSDs.
... Curcial M4, Samsung 830, and Intel 510 or 520. - Which of the 3, which ever is cheapest!!
.. Although you will see the 60/64 Gig listed as Min size, get an 80+ for OS + Programs. the 120/128 gig being the most recommended size.

And last:
Did not look your MB up, but I think it uses a marvel Sata III controller and if so You will Not obtain optimium performance. In fact if you were to Buy the sata III SSD, it would probably be faster on the Intel SATA II port.

antonisrsx

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
so crucial m4 or samsung 830. i think my mobo uses Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller : *1
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray so i can not obtain optimium performance? and why it would probably be faster on the Intel SATA II port when my mobo support sata3?

I also have a older MB that has only Intel sata II ports and uses the older marvel Sata III controller. I'm using a pair of sata II SSDs on the intel sata II ports and Stuck a WD Black sata III HDD on the Mavel Sata III port - LOL Neither one is as good as it sounds. HDDs do not benifit from sata III and the Older marvel Sata III controller is not that great for Sata III SSDs - so match made in "where ever"

I would get the Curcial M4 with the understanding that when you do upgrade to a newer MB, it will have a good NEW home, and until that day you can enjoy a SSD in your current system. So what if it is not as fast as it can be - it will still run circles around a HDD.