Kingston 2400MHz DDR3 'World's Fastest Memory'

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pc system would have to be overclocked to make full use of the memory. In addition the extra tall memory heatspreaders can be a royal pain. Sometimes they interfere with the large tower style cpu heatsinks.

zerghumper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
That's amazing that it can run at those speeds and still stay at 1.65 volts!

If the price is right then it looks like it's time for an upgrade!

9-11-9-27 ? Meh.. I know Kingston can do better than that =)

Id rather spend my cash on lower CAS modules even if they are rated at 2000Mhz. Would be nice to see a benchmark though..

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]A pc system would have to be overclocked to make full use of the memory. In addition the extra tall memory heatspreaders can be a royal pain. Sometimes they interfere with the large tower style cpu heatsinks.[/citation]
And?

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]OvrClkr[/nom]9-11-9-27 ? Meh.. I know Kingston can do better than that =)Id rather spend my cash on lower CAS modules even if they are rated at 2000Mhz. Would be nice to see a benchmark though..[/citation]
It depends as noticed some lower cas lower speed modules can benefit you just the same as a high cas high speed set up but that's usually when you overclock it to get that extra 100Mhz when the cas issue comes into play. A benchmark of it would clear it up.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Wouldn't this speed be useless, due to the fact, that many motherboards only allow memory support up to DDR3 1600? Just asking, because I might just be stupid lol.

eekitsericc

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]OvrClkr[/nom]9-11-9-27 ? Meh.. I know Kingston can do better than that =)Id rather spend my cash on lower CAS modules even if they are rated at 2000Mhz. Would be nice to see a benchmark though..[/citation]

to be as simple as possible it is just the timing in the ram for several different things. for general purpose the lower the better.

for more in depth check this out ------> http://www.overclock.net/faqs/26706-info-ram-timings-dummies.html

Correct but the price also plays a huge roll, if they come out to be overpriced just cause the provide 400 extra Mhz many will just pass and settle for 2000Mhz with low timings. I have tested 1600Mhz vs. 2000Mhz modules and to be honest the difference is very small, it all comes down to how low you can set the timings while attaining 100% stability.

coremaster556

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
The heat sink does come from a car radiator. I have the same thing on my KIA. Maybe with the suing happy word we have KIA can sue them for something.

liquidon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]trevorvdw[/nom]Looks like Optimus Prime[/citation]

LOL OMFG!!! That one cracked me up really good!!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]OvrClkr[/nom]Correct but the price also plays a huge roll, if they come out to be overpriced just cause the provide 400 extra Mhz many will just pass and settle for 2000Mhz with low timings. I have tested 1600Mhz vs. 2000Mhz modules and to be honest the difference is very small, it all comes down to how low you can set the timings while attaining 100% stability.[/citation]
I agree a lower latency at lower MHz would be just as fast?

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]zerghumper[/nom]That's amazing that it can run at those speeds and still stay at 1.65 volts!If the price is right then it looks like it's time for an upgrade![/citation]
The price will surely not be right. This is way overkill in my opinion too, they won't do anything for a computer except bump a few points on the benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.