[SOLVED] Kingston 32GB(2x16GB) HyperX Fury 3200MHz CL16 with Ryzen 3600

BunnyKraken

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
Hello,

Im still not sure what RAM to get for my Ryzen 3600 with MSI Carbon Gaming Wifi motherboard.

Im currently looking at Kingston 32GB(2x16GB) HyperX Fury 3200MHz CL16 (HX432C16FB3K2/32) because its QVL with my motherboard list.

Is this memory kit okey for the setup, I was also looking for Corsair vengeance LPX but the QVL for them requires specific Profile/Serial.

Also how much would I lose by not picking 3600MHz CL18. My plan is to plug and play with the XMP profile, I don't have experience with manual tuning/overclocking my RAM.

Solution
Hello,

Im still not sure what RAM to get for my Ryzen 3600 with MSI Carbon Gaming Wifi motherboard.

Im currently looking at Kingston 32GB(2x16GB) HyperX Fury 3200MHz CL16 (HX432C16FB3K2/32) because its QVL with my motherboard list.

Is this memory kit okey for the setup, I was also looking for Corsair vengeance LPX but the QVL for them requires specific Profile/Serial.

Also how much would I lose by not picking 3600MHz CL18. My plan is to plug and play with the XMP profile, I don't have experience with manual tuning/overclocking my RAM.
Hello there!!
While it's true that faster memory helps Ryzen but you also gotta see if the price difference is worth it if you plan on getting 3600Mhz ram get it with tighter latency Cl16 kit...
Hello,

Hello there!!
While it's true that faster memory helps Ryzen but you also gotta see if the price difference is worth it if you plan on getting 3600Mhz ram get it with tighter latency Cl16 kit although again the price will determine if it's worth it. The overall speed of 3200Mhz Cl16 and 3600Mhz Cl18 is very same about 10nanosec the 3600Mhz Cl16 would be a bit faster again If it's worth that'd be decided by the price.

Reactions: BunnyKraken
Solution

BunnyKraken

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
Hello there!!
While it's true that faster memory helps Ryzen but you also gotta see if the price difference is worth it if you plan on getting 3600Mhz ram get it with tighter latency Cl16 kit although again the price will determine if it's worth it. The overall speed of 3200Mhz Cl16 and 3600Mhz Cl18 is very same about 10nanosec the 3600Mhz Cl16 would be a bit faster again If it's worth that'd be decided by the price.

Thanks alot for your time to answer. Would you say this memory kit is okey choice, its in the QVL list for B550 MSI carbon. Would the XMP work, Is there even AMD XMP profiles, seems like every memory kit says Intel XMP ?

Thanks alot for your time to answer. Would you say this memory kit is okey choice, its in the QVL list for B550 MSI carbon. Would the XMP work, Is there even AMD XMP profiles, seems like every memory kit says Intel XMP ?
If MSI does list your memory in the QVL list it definitely has a memory profile for your memory, and yes there are rams which states 'AMD XMP' ready you'll find many from Gskills although if you have a ram in the QVL list I don't think there should be any issue.

Reactions: BunnyKraken