[SOLVED] Kingston A2000 Health

Ejaay-_-

Reputable
May 13, 2017
Hi,

Just wanna ask if this is a sign that I should return this item to the store? Is this covered by the warranty?

Just recently purchased this item and just after 7days or so the health went from 100% to 98% for no reason. Tried all software (HDD sentinel, Kingston, Crystal Disk) and it shows the same percentage.

Never had any power outage or whatsoever. Should I be worry?

0dK2HaU.png
8T4sXLb.png
lXadFo3.png

Solution
my OS is installed on it. Just copied some movies to a different drive that's it.
If your downloading large files to the ssd that's where all the writes are coming from.
All those writes are why the ssd health has dropped.
If your downloading to the ssd and then copying to a hdd perhaps change the download location to the hdd and skip a step.
Hi,

Just wanna ask if this is a sign that I should return this item to the store? Is this covered by the warranty?

Just recently purchased this item and just after 7days or so the health went from 100% to 98% for no reason. Tried all software (HDD sentinel, Kingston, Crystal Disk) and it shows the same percentage.

Never had any power outage or whatsoever. Should I be worry?

0dK2HaU.png
8T4sXLb.png
lXadFo3.png
What are you running that's writing 33GB per hour to the disk?
I'm seeing 1.6GB per hour.

Ejaay-_-

Reputable
May 13, 2017
If your downloading large files to the ssd that's where all the writes are coming from.
All those writes are why the ssd health has dropped.
If your downloading to the ssd and then copying to a hdd perhaps change the download location to the hdd and skip a step.

I see, so the health is based on the WRITE/READ from the nvme/ssd is that correct? sorry for the ignorance. I always thought that health is based on the wear and tear of the drive itself