Question Kingston A2000 not showing up

Jan 7, 2020
Hi all,
I just bought my new disk Kingston A2000 500GB version. I am trying to use it with ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 K4 according to specification it should be compatible but it is my first M.2 disk. Is there anything else I need to do instead of just plugging it in? I did not see it in BIOS and Disk Manager does not see it as well.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums!

Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Make sure you're on the latest version. If you have updates pending, gradually work your way up to the latest version.

To add, are you trying to install an OS onto it? Do you have SATA drives populating the SATA ports? If so, take note of this:

*If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 will be disabled.
from here, storage row.

Jan 7, 2020
Thank you,
I still have my older disks in, 3x SATA but I also tried to unplug them. I will check the BIOS version. I also forgot to unplug DVD unit. I will test all the options and report my findings

When I manage to make it work I want to convert from my old SSD to M.2 as system disk.

Jan 7, 2020
After update to the latest bios I was still unable to see the disc. Disconnecting all sata devices still did not fix my problem. I noticed that my mb battery is dead, so I will replace it tomorrow if that helps.

Jan 7, 2020
Ok, I have another update. I replaced the MB battery, removed all SATA devices again, and I still do not see my M.2 disk.
So I thought that the disk might be faulty and I put it into my NB, and it was recognised right away. So the problem must be in my MB.
Somewhere I read that changing CFM to UEFI only can fix this problem, but that did not help as well.
Device manager (or whatever it is called) in BIOS is saying that M.2 port is empty

Mar 3, 2021
Hi! same problem with same kingston disk...I can't see in bios.
I though it was a faulty motherboard, so I bought a new one...and another too.
asus prime b350 , b450 and now b450-II all the same...don't show m.2 drive.
only some times it showed up in 'boot menu' or 'flash bios directory...but now no more sign of it.
did you manage to solve this problem somehow?
disk works on an older MB