Kingston Data Traveler 120 16GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnyteck

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Hello,
my 16gb kingston is not working, when i open my pendrive in computer it is showing "F:\is not accessible" when i format it "format will not start" please help me where should i contact, i lives in Bangalore

Solution
Check if it is recognized in Disk Management (under Control Panel> Administrative Privileges>Computer Management). If it is, then attempt to format from there. If not, likely hardware failure (will need new pendrive).
Alternatively, you could download and install Killdisk (free utility), then open it while the pendrive is plugged in and see if it recognizes it. If it does, use the erase function to wipe the drive out, then exit and format the drive using Disk Management. Be careful, select the correct drive to wipe, otherwise you could wipe the wrong thing.
Check if it is recognized in Disk Management (under Control Panel> Administrative Privileges>Computer Management). If it is, then attempt to format from there. If not, likely hardware failure (will need new pendrive).
Alternatively, you could download and install Killdisk (free utility), then open it while the pendrive is plugged in and see if it recognizes it. If it does, use the erase function to wipe the drive out, then exit and format the drive using Disk Management. Be careful, select the correct drive to wipe, otherwise you could wipe the wrong thing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.