Question Kingston Fury Renegade DDR4 3600mhz 32gb not working

oldboipc

Reputable
Apr 13, 2020
I installed 2 sticks of 32gb (not a kit, I bought 2 sticks of 32 gb each), the pc didn't turned off and beeped 3 times

My CPU is Ryzen 5 5600G, yes 3600 is not officially supported only 3200 but still, the pc should be able to boot instead of going straight to the beep code

The motherboard its a MSI B450 PRO-VDH MAX

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
IF you have RAM that has worked put it in and boot, check that system is running ok.

Power down and follow recommendations of the manufacturer to reset CMOS.

Try to boot again and make sure the system works with the original working RAM. Verify that it is running at (what will probably be) 2133 or 2400.

Power down, remove the old RAM, put in the new RAM.
Power the system up and see if it immediately throws the beep code or if it goes through a couple of power cycles. Be patient here if so and it should come up in a couple of minutes or so.

If not- default answer is to return the RAM and purchase a matched set. Items on the motherboard QVL are often recommended, but figure that list hasn't been updated in long enough to be irrelevant. Ryzen can be quite picky about out of set 'mismatched' RAM sticks.

oldboipc

Reputable
Apr 13, 2020
IF you have RAM that has worked put it in and boot, check that system is running ok.

Power down and follow recommendations of the manufacturer to reset CMOS.

Try to boot again and make sure the system works with the original working RAM. Verify that it is running at (what will probably be) 2133 or 2400.

Power down, remove the old RAM, put in the new RAM.
Power the system up and see if it immediately throws the beep code or if it goes through a couple of power cycles. Be patient here if so and it should come up in a couple of minutes or so.

If not- default answer is to return the RAM and purchase a matched set. Items on the motherboard QVL are often recommended, but figure that list hasn't been updated in long enough to be irrelevant. Ryzen can be quite picky about out of set 'mismatched' RAM sticks.
yup checked the old ram, pc works fine, seems to be running at 2133. When I tried the ram it immediately went for the beep code. Is ryzen incompatible to this specific ram or something? I am not understanding the issue

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
yup checked the old ram, pc works fine, seems to be running at 2133. When I tried the ram it immediately went for the beep code. Is ryzen incompatible to this specific ram or something? I am not understanding the issue

For some reason the new AMD offerings are VERY picky about RAM. It was an issue that all those Intel refreshes made us forget, as it were.

Can you boot from a single stick?
I mean, in reality that is probably pointless to find out if it is going beep code before post, disregard.

Edit- also you do have the RAM in the appropriate slots? Should be 2nd and 4th going off memory.

oldboipc

Reputable
Apr 13, 2020
For some reason the new AMD offerings are VERY picky about RAM. It was an issue that all those Intel refreshes made us forget, as it were.

Can you boot from a single stick?
I mean, in reality that is probably pointless to find out if it is going beep code before post, disregard.

Edit- also you do have the RAM in the appropriate slots? Should be 2nd and 4th going off memory.
yup! I placed both sticks 2nd and 4th, I still have to try with one stick but I think I might just return it. It's a shame because it should work