Kingston Launches HyperX Gaming Headset for $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Casagrande

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Glad to see I'm not the only guy who clicked on the link because of the girl in the photo. It's okay, I'm pretty sure my wife would be like, "daamn, she's cute!"

zhunt99

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
I don't feel the headset does her justice. HyperX cannot begin to describe all that she may be, as she crests the fields of battle and slays the Horde.

While I totally agree with all the praise for author. Subtlety is not a tech fanatics strong suit. :)

That being said. I find myself more impressed by the wearer than the worn.
Super pricey headset, remains to be seen if its worth the price, if it follows normal Kingston HyperX trends, it won't be.

Jane, I admire the patients / tolerance with this bunch's adoration of you.

Tuishimi

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
How was the comfort? How much "squeeze" compression/pressure do they apply? I ask because I wear glasses at the computer and if they are squeezed too much for too long it becomes uncomfortable...

I like kingston and what they do for the gaming comunity but apart from ram I dont really think their products are good enought for me.

And yes, I did come here to comment because of a good looking girl in the pic... Crap, I need to find myself a girl.

athonline

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
They look quite nice and comfortable. However for £75 you will get much better sound with a pair of Sennheiser's or AKG. Actually for a £30 more you can get -in my book at least- the best closed-ear cans, the AKG 550.

Or for 70$ a SteelSeries Siberia v2 which is a probably better than this too.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007

They seemed okay, but that kind of thing is impossible to tell unless you've been wearing them for a couple of hours. I can tell you the pressure wasn't bad enough that I thought, "Oh my God, these are going to be the worst after about an hour!" immediately after putting them on. Still, there have been PLENTY of headphones that I bought because they were comfortable only to have them be exactly the kind of headphones that tell me I've been playing starcraft too long (or worse, on a plane too long) after just a couple of hours.

Also, thanks to everyone for the lovely comments! You guys know how to make a lady's day. :)

MrGulio

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
I have a SteelSeries Siberia V1 and have not upgraded to the V2 because of the change in materials for the ear cups. The V1 used a soft felt like material to cover the cups and the V2 used a faux leather which felt plasticy.

What material did this headset use?

doggghouse

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Sorry you have to put up with advances from men, simply because you posted a pic of yourself wearing the headphones. Maybe some of you adoring guys could say something like, "Great article" instead of "Wow ur hot!!!"

JaMGeR20

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
it was indeed a nice article as prob every single jane has made. i dont think anyone here were as far as saying u'r hot or something like that, and there's nothing wrong in complementing a woman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS