Kingston Makes Red HyperX Memory for Fashionable Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Why not have an 'add your own colored heatspreader'? I mean, we are freggin BYOC-ers... I think we can handle the application of some RAM heatsinks...

OR, just do what you do with luggage, and offer different color selections of all types on Newegg...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]it looks like just a sticker glued to the copper heatspreader o_O[/citation]
may be silk screened

[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]I'd buy that shizniz for the lulz[/citation]
get me some my little pony, hello kitty is funny, but really old at this point, people get hello kitty for the lulz to often to be truly funny. i want something immaculateing, yet so fast that people have to get it.

So since the price is the same on the 1333's as the 1600s and just the voltage is increased from 1.5 to 1.65 does that mean they are the same modules just rated differently due to a voltage increase to keep them stable at the higher speed ??

[citation][nom]JDFan[/nom]So since the price is the same on the 1333's as the 1600s and just the voltage is increased from 1.5 to 1.65 does that mean they are the same modules just rated differently due to a voltage increase to keep them stable at the higher speed ??[/citation]

Their other kits are 1.65V as well. There's absolutely nothing new about these...

runswindows95

Distinguished
Personally, I don't buy RAM based on color. I buy it based on performance and/or cost.Besides, all my cases are window-less anyway. I'm not going to open it up to show people the RAM. Once the RAM is installed, I don't even think about it unless I start having problems with it.

Lets see. Expensive, not fast enough to justify the price, doesn't look nearly as good as they would have you believe, and the 1600MHz modules are 1.65v. Overall I think it shouldn't sell at all but we all know some people will buy it. At least it has one thing going for it, low profile heat sinks shouldn't block any coolers not normally blocked by RAM without a hat sink.

But we can get much better RAM than this that also has such low profile heat sinks. G.Skill Sniper series has pretty small heat sinks and they look way better than these do. The 1866MHz 1.5v Snipers are awesome and about the same price as the 1600MHz HyperX's here and are well known for overclocking easily to 2133MHz.

Can't say I'd ever buy these. If I want red so much and can't find something else (G.Skill modules besides the Sniper series are generally red aren't they?) then I would rather go with a different look than get inferior modules. Granted I only have 1600MHz right now but I'll never buy 1333MHz modules and I'll never buy 1.65v modules and I'll never spend that much money for even better modules unless they are way better for their price (like those G.Skill 1866 modules, I'd get those if I had money for a new machine)

HartSh

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Yeah! Pretty, pretty colors. Did the just invent red or did something new happen because i'm pretty sure i picked up some high quality DDR3 in some bright color months ago in blue which is way better than red. By the way who the hell is going to see it. rather do as jacobdjr said and put some colored heat spreader or buy some RipJaws which are already red and are about 10x less.

Anyway enough of my common sense blab; wish Tom's wouldn't turn into advertisement news and the weather service like so many other sites.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]I'd buy that shizniz for the lulz[/citation]
I have to agree; my fine Sir. for the LuLz!
So either give me some Hello Kitty Cas7 1866MHz 8x4GB, or just give me whatever is cheap and bare.

parasite057

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]coming soon - Hello Kitty RAM kits[/citation]
If I could strike the right balance between frugality and sarcasm I would build a kitty/pony hybrid PC.
But Id rather strike a balance between power and value...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Speaking of special RAM designs. I used to have some Geil DDR2 modules. Brown/Black with gold trim and red LED light. Does anyone else make modules like that? ie. with diodes and stuff on the modules themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.