Question Kingston or SanDisk 240GB SSD for the system partition?

Bellzemos

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
Hello!

I got 2 SSDs for free and I'd like to use one for a system (C) partition in a Win10 laptop, the D partiton will be on a larger HDD. Both SSDs are brand new. I am searching all over the web but can't find anything more definite on them. Which of the two 240GB SSD's is better, meaning more reliable and faster than the other?

SanDisk Plus (SDSSDA-240G)

or

Kingston UV500 (SUV500/240G)

I don't have the "Generation" info on the SanDisk SDD, as far as I know the Kingston UV500 is a newer model of a SSD, but SanDisk is more of a brand name, even though it's an older model? I think the UV500 has 5yr Warranty, while SanDisk Plus only has 3yr? Not sure though.

So I have no idea which one is more reliable + faster. Which one of the two would you install and use if you were me?

Thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
Go online and visit the manufacturer's websites.

Have the SSD model numbers, version number, serial number, etc. handy.

Look for the applicable User Guide/Manual for each model SSD. Read site FAQs and Forums.

You can also use the respective manufacturer's diagnostic software to test each drive and learn more about the drive.

Do so before you save any data on the drives. Always a good idea and even more so if the drives are being given away for free.

May well be some inherent issues or possibly even counterfeit drives....