[SOLVED] Kingston ram compatibility

Jan 29, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have ATM 2x Kingston 4gb 1600mhz ram sticks ( KVR16N11S8/4), I would like to upgrade 1 stick to 8gb due to lack of support from motherboard ( asus h81m-r ), however when I bought second stick it worked very well because they were same latency and name.
My question is will it work if I leave 1 stick and pair it up with Kingston 8gb 1600mhz (KVR16N11/8), I think it shouldn't be any troubles working that way but it would be good to hear someone more experienced about it.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello everyone,
I have ATM 2x Kingston 4gb 1600mhz ram sticks ( KVR16N11S8/4), I would like to upgrade 1 stick to 8gb due to lack of support from motherboard ( asus h81m-r ), however when I bought second stick it worked very well because they were same latency and name.
My question is will it work if I leave 1 stick and pair it up with Kingston 8gb 1600mhz (KVR16N11/8), I think it shouldn't be any troubles working that way but it would be good to hear someone more experienced about it.
Thanks in advance.
DDR3 systems are very forgiving in mix and match situations but much depends on BIOS handling it. Chances are very good but it's still "Try and see what happens" situation.
Suggest you update BIOS to newest version if you have...
Hello everyone,
Thanks in advance.
DDR3 systems are very forgiving in mix and match situations but much depends on BIOS handling it. Chances are very good but it's still "Try and see what happens" situation.
Suggest you update BIOS to newest version if you have any problems.

Solution