Kingston Reveals its First SandForce-based SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Considering it's a performance based SSD, it's safe to assume the price will be in the range of $240~$280 for the 120GB model, and $440~$480 for the 240GB model. Kingston's current SSDs offerings have been somewhat average, but affordable. This is a huge step up to meet the demand for performance users.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Would have been nice to see these backed by the same lifetime warranty that the hyperx ram carries[/citation]
does the lifetime mean our life time, or life time of the system its installed in?

also i have seen ssds as low as i think 1.30$ or 1.50 somewhere in that range, but you were paying for a 512gb drive.

G

I purchased an SV425 from Kingston a little over a year ago. They refused to give any - not one - FW update to this drive. I refuse to buy another Kingston product, memory, SSD or thumbdrive. Beware - this company does not support released products. Once it's out the door, it's on to the next product.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I just got a 128gb Kingston SSD for $111 after MIR. Newegg was having a sale on them where it was $190 plus a $60 rebate and I had a 10% off coupon code on a solid state ($19 off). I also used a Shoprunner trial to get free shipping. It may not be the fastest drive but it is a decent speed, mid capacity drive for under $1/GB...

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]WR2[/nom]@ webbwbb;It's still a great SSD. 128GB @ 250MB/s 230MB/s read/write for $111 is a fantastic bargain.[/citation]

Really poor Random IOPS tho.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Heres the thing alidan.. It means what the warranty actually states in the fine print that most people don't bother reading. Anything from lifetime warranty only manufacturer (bad parts, things of that nature) defects all the way to if it breaks for any reason including you ran it over with a lawnmower it's covered.

I stick have my intel ssd, and probably just stick with it unless prices become more reasonable there really isn't any reason for me to get another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.