Kingston Rolls Out HyperX RAM with Black PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firion87

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
What else to say than sexy! I'm always wondering why isn't tom's using these in the build contest? I'm using memory for ages from this company and none of them has gone ever wrong, but Adata and other stuff used in the build contest have gone wrong in the machines of some friends of mine.

mmstick

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Anyone make any pink memory sticks? that would be cool. With memory in black, its rather hard to see, no?[/citation]
You aren't exactly supposed to be able to see RAM in the first place.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]Firion87[/nom]What else to say than sexy! I'm always wondering why isn't tom's using these in the build contest?[/citation] They look nice. What benefit is there to going above 1600 though?

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Although it doesn't make any difference, I will always be partial to cool looking RAM. Maybe heat spreaders that change color with temperature so if you're overclocking it and you push to the limit, it would turn white hot. When it cools down, back to blue or black.

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I want some without he heat spreaders. The black boards look nice and the spreaders don't make a huge difference if you have good ventilation.

[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]They look nice. What benefit is there to going above 1600 though?[/citation]

It depends on the job. As rebel1280 pointed out, integrated graphics performance can be greatly affected by memory bandwidth.

For CPU performance, there are several tasks that can benefit form faster memory too. For example, compression/decompression, rendering, AVX workloads, some types of folding, and more all benefit from faster memory to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.