[SOLVED] Kingston SSDs Dies

caxtin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I bought two Kingston SSDs on Windows 10 Pro. Five months after, one (laptop) just died, will not boot. I was asked by BestBuy to take to the Geek Squad, who said it is broken I should call Kingston for a replacement. I called Kingston and was told I would have to pay for shipping to get it replaced. Seriously, still on warranty?

Two days ago, the second SSD (desktop), seem to be slowly delaying commands then, the blue screen. Will not boot. When I connected both SSDs to ma working PC, I get these (please see attached images).

Both disk are the OS disks. The utilities say they are empty (0.00kb). How can. Could someone please give me some education on what went on here?

With HHDs, the disk can still be accessed and retrieve some data. I have some bookmarks I would like to retrieve. With the dead disks connected, I booted with some LiveCDs to retrieve data, but could not even see the disk.

1. Is it logical for the consumer to pay for shipping or maybe I did not read the fine printS.
  2. Kingston is a reputable data storage company, why would I lose two SSDs?
  3. With the drive inaccessible and at 0.00kb, is there any software or method to recover any data
Thank you all and please keep safe enough.
SSD]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mNhVnLu3qAc_cj0pStI3J-OP5ehT07PK/view?usp=sharing']SSD View[/URL]

Solution
Things that can be redownloaded/reinstalled just takes time...

If you do not want to implement a semi-strictly adhered to backup plan, at least store all important files/docs/photos in assorted free cloud locations, such as DropBox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, IceDrive, P-Cloud, JottaCloud, etc...

If you have more than 3 TB of data, even external 3-4 TB external USB drives are down to about $65-85 these days...(I do not trust external drives as much as internal, if you need one drive...get two, use both!)

caxtin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
3. No. Protecting your data needs to be proactive, and your responsibility.

I dread the backing up times, but I do a bi-montly backup of my OS drive and about a bi-yearly of my data drive.
This time, almost getting ready to backup and this happened. I lament simply because I have pinstakenly dis some current searches I had bookmarked. I don't miss my backups which was why I restored and kept working.

Thank you though for your reply.

USAFRet

Titan
I dread the backing up times, but I do a bi-montly backup of my OS drive and about a bi-yearly of my data drive.
This time, almost getting ready to backup and this happened. I lament simply because I have pinstakenly dis some current searches I had bookmarked. I don't miss my backups which was why I restored and kept working.

Thank you though for your reply.
My backups happen every night, all automated, all drives and systems.
Zero time for me, because it is while I sleep. Between midnight and 4AM.
Full, Incremental, Differential.
And the nightly Incremental takes only a minute or two.

"almost getting ready to backup" is a common refrain.

Things that can be redownloaded/reinstalled just takes time...

If you do not want to implement a semi-strictly adhered to backup plan, at least store all important files/docs/photos in assorted free cloud locations, such as DropBox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, IceDrive, P-Cloud, JottaCloud, etc...

If you have more than 3 TB of data, even external 3-4 TB external USB drives are down to about $65-85 these days...(I do not trust external drives as much as internal, if you need one drive...get two, use both!)

Solution