Kingston's First NVMe SSD, The KC1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
550 TBW for the 480 GB is pretty good, but not as amazing as the MyDigitalSSD BPX's 1400 TBW for the same capacity.

I upgraded my current laptop (a brand new Lenovo E560) with a Kingston KC400 512 GB with 800 TBW as the data drive. (The boot drive is an OCZ RD400 256 GB.) With 800 TBW, I figure I can transplant it into my 2nd laptop in 3 years and it will still have several more years of life.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Heh, with the way flash prices are going, I got a laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad 13) with a 256 GB M.2 drive and the intention of replacing it with something bigger/faster in 2-3 years.

Interestingly, the CPU in my laptop is listed as a field-replaceable part. So, I'll probably upgrade to a i7 and max out the RAM, at the same time. I've already had it open, and the CPU upgrade looks like it could be pretty simple. Should be almost like a new laptop.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

Perhaps, but we've got to see the low queue depth random I/O numbers. That's what people actually feel, most of the time, and what really sets apart the top performers from everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.