Discussion Kinguin Windows Licences don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2023
Tom's Hardware has done a disservice by promoting Kinguin in the following article. How many thousands of users have lost money after reading your article and buying a license key from Kinguin? The license keys purchased from Kinguin DO NOT WORK. It may have worked during the time of the article, but Microsoft does not allow the use of cmd Slui 04 to activate Windows, which is the method Kinguin asks users to follow. The standard process of activating Windows using the Window Activation menu also does not work using Kinguin license keys.

I request Tom's Hardware to update their article below so that thousands more do not lose $25 each.

Reactions: Nathkrul
Tom's Hardware has done a disservice by promoting Kinguin in the following article. How many thousands of users have lost money after reading your article and buying a license key from Kinguin? The license keys purchased from Kinguin DO NOT WORK. It may have worked during the time of the article, but Microsoft does not allow the use of cmd Slui 04 to activate Windows, which is the method Kinguin asks users to follow. The standard process of activating Windows using the Window Activation menu also does not work using Kinguin license keys.

I request Tom's Hardware to update their article below so that thousands more do not lose $25 each.

I had an issue with a license I bought from Kinguin but found out that it was an OEM license so I had to put in the license while installing Windows. If you bought an OEM license you cannot activate Windows with it after installing Windows. Therefore you will have to reinstall Windows and try the license then.

Honestly, I'd rather they'd retract the article entirely. Gray market key resellers are so full of holes when it comes to their legitimacy that I can't label them as such no matter how much said resellers want to try and justify it. Besides that, you can use Windows indefinitely without activating it, you just lose minor customization features and get that watermark.

D

Deleted member 14196

The advice you usually get around here is to not use key resellers. That article should be taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.