Question Kinsgston Fury 3200 not working at 3000/3200 , only works at 2400 ?

Jan 30, 2023
I think i am not the only one , but the PC freezes with Kinsgston Fury 3200 at 3000/3200 - XMP profile 1 and 2 .
Voltage increase from 1.2 to 1.35 if i change the profile, but still freezes . Also ram is tested, ok .
Motherboard is a Gigabyte B550 Pro with Ryzen 5900X .
Any ideas?

You are likely just going to have to play around with the setting yourself.

Pretty standard things. If you look at the list from gigabyte of supported memory for your cpu you will not find the kingston fury but you will find some kingston value ones running at cl22.

It is hard to say if they tested the fury chips and they do not work or if it just means they did not test them. I know some vendor will not actually provide a list of memory that fails because they are afraid of lawsuits.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...ermeer.pdf?v=8fb909ae75a80451015549345c0fbe1d

Reactions: subdread
Jan 30, 2023
Yeah, i noticed i cant find my model and the problem is i cant really find anything suitable.
I searched for 30 models from 3000 to 4000mhz and NOTHING! I find i ridiculous that i cant find RAM from Corsair, ADATA, Kingston, G.Skill, Mushkin and Team compatible...Nothing but incompatible PN's are available.
Things are getting ridiculous with RAM compatibility

This is where you dig around to and try to find the actual chips being used on your memory. Then try to see if there are similar parts on the compatibility list and set your timings to those.

Be sure you have the memory in the correct slots. I would also try single sticks to see what combination of settings you can get.

But it is a pain, I never buy memory any more unless the exact part numbers are on the list...other than the color. That list is huge I linked it is surprising you can't find anything good on that list you can buy.

Jan 30, 2023
This is where you dig around to and try to find the actual chips being used on your memory. Then try to see if there are similar parts on the compatibility list and set your timings to those.

Be sure you have the memory in the correct slots. I would also try single sticks to see what combination of settings you can get.

But it is a pain, I never buy memory any more unless the exact part numbers are on the list...other than the color. That list is huge I linked it is surprising you can't find anything good on that list you can buy.
You think these are compatible?
PVS432G360C8K ?i found that the 16GB version is PVS416G360C8K is, same latencies .

I am no expert on memory. I do know that a lot of 8gb sticks are single rank and 16gb sticks are dual rank. That seems to make a difference sometimes.
I am not sure how you find thing out like that. There are lots of tools that will show you this plus stuff like who actually manufactures the chips but unless you get lucky and someone posts that image I don't know how you find it before you purchase.

Jan 30, 2023
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023
What is your BIOS version? Your mobo's CPU support list shows that Ryzen 9 5900X is supported since BIOS version F10. Could that be it?
I have f15d , the latest BIOS. The last changes i did was set the RAM to 3200MHZ and 1,38V , since 1,35 was unstable.
It has been stable for 3 hours now , including OCCT

Reactions: BlaUno
Jan 15, 2023
I have f15d , the latest BIOS. The last changes i did was set the RAM to 3200MHZ and 1,38V , since 1,35 was unstable.
It has been stable for 3 hours now , including OCCT
I really hope it will work out. I'm looking to get 5600X and the exact same RAM kit, possibly even the same motherboard, so besides trying to pitch whatever ideas, i'm also personally invested in this, lol

Jan 30, 2023
ly hope it will work out. I'm looking to get 5600X a
I really hope it will work out. I'm looking to get 5600X and the exact same RAM kit, possibly even the same motherboard, so besides trying to pitch whatever ideas, i'm also personally invested in this, lol
Dont bother using the XMP values, PC will freeze at some point .
Hope the new voltage works out, i played MS Flight Sim for 1 hour( which crashed before in less than 30 mins) + OCCT Ram test 30 mins .
I hope i finally fix this bloody ram :/

Last edited:

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
A nice new or used gskill 3200 with flat 14-14-14 timings or 3600 with flat 16-16-16 should work a bit better. Samsung B-die is just about guaranteed to work with Ryzen regardless of the brand.

The gskill flare x 3200cl14 is pretty easy to get at decent prices now.

Jan 30, 2023
A nice new or used gskill 3200 with flat 14-14-14 timings or 3600 with flat 16-16-16 should work a bit better. Samsung B-die is just about guaranteed to work with Ryzen regardless of the brand.

The gskill flare x 3200cl14 is pretty easy to get at decent prices now.
I have Samsung B-die and it didnt work so well for me i guess :)
Gskill isnt really on my MB list , aswell as their website is full of Intel , so probably check to see the if th higher voltage works out on the long run, if not, probably going for Corsair or Patriot.

Reactions: Kona45primo