Kiss Your Money Goodbye: The Steam Summer Sale Is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I've been anxiously awaiting this and I thought it started tomorrow. Awesome to hear it's running right now. Imagine if you walk into work thinking it's Thursday but someone informs you it's Friday. Brilliant!

I'm in the same boat as Jeremy2020. I don't NEED any games. Will I buy them? Yes.

Adm1ra1P

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016

Too heavy the burden has become. Not ready for more am I.

gergguy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I have plenty of games I've purchased from previous Steam sales that I haven't even touched yet. Repeat after me... I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE GAMES THIS TIME.

I've already bought one, probably will be several more before its done.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I ended up buying GTA V. It's finally fallen to a somewhat reasonable price.

I attempted to install it and it was asking for 70GB of free space. My 256GB SSD nearly had a heart attack. It looks like I need to upgrade my hard drive before I'll be playing that game.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Rockstar and Take-Two just banned offline modding, so I'd go ahead and get a refund on that.

Good. Offline *any* tinkering leads to cheats. Nice to see Rockstar close that portal. Cheaters/trolls have all but ruined the online gaming experience for me for PC gaming and caused me to go console lock-down for online gaming.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Except that the tools that Rockstar/T2 took down disabled online play when used. And a week after those tools were shut down, online hacking is still as bad as ever, because those aren't the tools online hackers are using. So all they've done is hurt the people that play offline and continue to let the online hackers get away with murder.

norune

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
I have to be honest and say that each year Steam sales is not really that funny, the servers lags, it's hard to check the games that are on offer and if you wish to trade cards you will often end up with error 310 again and again.

Now the good thing though is that there's a lot of good games out there at sometimes bargain prices, I'm mostly into role playing games and strategy games but whenever there's sales theres a good time to check out some new games in perhaps a genre you havent played and be positively surprised.

My personal pick this time has been :

Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor
FTL
Dishonored Definitive Edition
The Divinity games ( Divine divinity , Beyond Divinity , Divinity 2 )

slamm

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Over 400 games, 400 DLCs TY, Steam, Humble, GMG, Bundle stars and others.
The back log will grow.
I don't need anymore but I have already bought 2 and I'm not finished. I think I'm down to 17% completed.
I said I would never buy anymore platformers. I said I would quit buying Alphas.
I said i would never buy "catgirl" VNs. NO, NO, and NO!
I'm a game addict my shame knows no bounds.

danger007

Honorable
May 29, 2016
They sadly haven't had a sale that has emptied my wallet in almost 3 years, so my money has wasted away being moved back and forth between banks, consumers, business and The Federal Reserve over and over, but my bank is FDIC Insured so I will get my money out for other sales as Steam no longer offers the deals that had me build up a collection of nearly 275 titles (not free games or mmo's)

dstarr3

Distinguished
Well, a person's first few Steam sales are always exciting, but then after a few of those, you've already bought everything that you got excited for. All the great games that are old enough to go super cheap, I have those now. So seeing the 90% on those isn't exciting anymore. All that I have left on my wishlist are games that are too new to have deep discounts. So it's a lot less exciting anymore. It's hardly Valve's fault, they're still got piles of 90%-off sales on hundreds of great games. The difference now is that you own them already.

Status
Not open for further replies.