KitKat Now Running On 1.1 Percent of Android Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce is my baby mama's mama... god I hate that b!atch... wont ever mind her own business....

I'm 'stuck' on jelly bean until i buy a new phone. I'm waiting for a better option from Motorola. Sadly, the main reason might be the ease in which I transfer "my life" from the old to the new. I keep hearing mixed opinions about other companies' extra layer over android, so i dont know.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
You mean "KitKat on 1.1% of devices that connected to Google Play in the last 7 days".

KitKat isn't on 1.1% of ALL Android devices that are in use.

mcgee101

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I want kit kat on my device but noooo sprint wants me to buy another 2 friggin year service plan for it. I want to blank my device so I can put kit kat on it but nooo congress is passing a soon to be law that says my phone really isn't mine and I can't do $ hit with it except see how pretty it is.

mcgee101

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
I want kit kat on my device but noooo sprint wants me to buy another 2 friggin year service plan for it. I want to blank my device so I can put kit kat on it but nooo congress is passing a soon to be law that says my phone really isn't mine and I can't do $ hit with it except see how pretty it is.

Already got it on SGS 4 GPE and enjoying it, as well. Released about one week after Nexus 4's image (and Nexus 7's as well).
The main difference is the availability of ART (as opposed to Dalvik) and the phone is indeed running a bit smoother. Other than that, I think JB is as solid as ever and really KK is just a prelude/testing ground for the next iteration, which will have ART by default.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Looks like I'll be on 4.1.2 (DROID RAZR MAXX) until I decide to shell out a massive amount of money for a new phone. I'm grandfathered into Verizon's Unlimited Data plan and I need to have an extremely compelling reason to pay full price for a phone. I won't be breaking off a piece of that kitkat bar anytime soon. Either I get a new $300 phone and keep my unlimited data plan, or no upgrade for me. Not paying $700 for a new device.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I am the 1.6%

Froyo because my phone is old and does it's job as it is. For the rest, no tablets, rarely laptops, and desktops with 3 displays!

stokjis

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
i have an android phone, and i really start to hate that almost all android users always are using old andorid versions, because the new version isn't supported yet. That is like, we all are using 6 month old or even older software. It's like using 6 month old driver fo the graphics card. This is so annoying. I like android and i hate android at the same time, because of this.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I have a 6 months driver for my 18 old graphics card. It is the device, hardware, software, and engineers preparing those that are serving me (the paying customer), and not the other way around. When I find something glitchy, or want more performance or a new game requires a new update of redistributables, drivers or even hardware, then I evaluate the effort (and money) put in vs. the enjoyment coming out, and make a decision. Some will hate me for not having the same values guiding my decisions, because 'holding back the industry'. But customer is king, we are entitled to act like that.

Steffen Jobbs

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
How sad. By the time 4.4 KitKat is on 5% of Android devices version 6.0 Stale Fruitcake will be announced. Developers must be pulling their hair out having to deal with such a fragmented mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.