Review Klevv CRAS C700 RGB M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Bright Like a Diamond

RGB has gone too far. It wasn't even good on a 2.5" SSD (causing overheating and performance degradation) let alone on a M.2 SSD which are known for running hot/overheating without all that extra BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V
Nov 13, 2019
The funny thing is that anyone who knows about LED technology...is that any reputable LED lighting will have heat management as a foremost issue...many actually add heatsink fins on the back..or just ensuring that the LED array is attached to a sufficient metal mass to off heat.
While I also know that this is done in more high intensity LED applications with bigger voltages.... however regardless of this even smaller LED arrays are a net addition to heat..heat being one of the foremost variables to eliminate in any setup.
I can perhaps understand riging an flexible LED array around the inside of a case.
This huge new trend to implement LEDs into freaking hardware (hardware where heat is literally the biggest enemy) and as stated most of this being "high performance" hardware where heat is even more so a factor. It blows my mind at the idiots who think that anyone cares about what the color their RAM or SSD glows with. What I would care about is seeing a legit high performance part...well managed cables and heat management. Those are the things in a system I would want to highlight...not some LED hardware which many times just adds more system overhead with all these LED controller software from every single retailer. But I digress...

Reactions: King_V

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
RGB has gone too far. It wasn't even good on a 2.5" SSD (causing overheating and performance degradation) let alone on a M.2 SSD which are known for running hot/overheating without all that extra BS.
Yep . . learned that from this video - can't imagine that it's any better an idea on an M.2 versus a 2.5"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnST5rA64Oc
It's not bad on other products, that Kingston was just poorly designed. Way too many LEDs. These new M.2 ones don't have heat issues caused by the LEDs. Nor do the team group RGB SSDs.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
We are living in an era when we are paying for RGB leds instead of performance and better components.

you will find people paying extra for leds found on strips , case , motherboard , SSD and now NVME ... and at the same time having RTX 2070 instead of RTX 2080 for example , paying the same final price just for stupid leds.

I made a nice looking led PC two years ago , and trust me after 2 months you will get used to it and you will turn it off. or keep it on without looking at it. I sold it and never looked back. My new PC does not even have a Galss door. I prefer a fan on the door or vents.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
So they made an SSD to mach a competitor's memory?
YsJY4pGoceBZcEazxMy4JV-970-80.jpg

TRENDING THREADS