Klipsch Promedia 4.1 + Hercules Game Theater XP?

G

I am looking at buying a new system and I am thinking of going for the Klipsch Promedia 4.1 speakers and the Hercules Game Theater XP sound card.. Anyone else have this setup if not anyone think it would be a good one or any other recommendations?

Thanks,
-Xanith

G

That's exactly the setup I'm planning on getting.

So, I'm interested to hear too!

I'm new, so take it easy on me.

G

The ProMedia 5.1's have 500 watts and will be about $350-$400 bucks I believe. I have the 2.1's and really enjoy them.
Zoom

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the 4.1's and yes the 5.1's are coming out. Don't be fooled by wattage alone. Due to the fact the drives in the speakers aren't efficient they require more wattage to get equal dB's. Don't get me wrong but I love my Klipsch's (<--- somethinglike that).

I have used the Live (not 5.1) and a Phillips Acoustic Edge. I have to say I like the sound from the live much better. Although my son's speakers soud better with the Phillips. Maybe I needed to learn to tweak it better. Dunno. I would love to dish creative. Don't think much of there drivers and all and really would like to replace them. I do love there AuotEA (set my stuff to play as I like as it starts) and the tool bar (I make my own folders and subfloders cleaning up my desktop and easy access).

Wish I could tell you about the Game Theatre and would like to know myself. Teh bass response is just a hell of a lot better with the live though. This is a direct comparison. Just sounds all roound better. Hell listening to it now with streaming audio, broadband form Incanta, and it sounds great!!!!

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is the first time I heard anyone say the live is better than the Acoustic. It's your opinion but I think you need to tweak it better.

Sh!t Happens.

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have to say that I am use to the SB and my tweaking of the Edge is little to null&void but at default it did sound better. Ummm with my tin ear anyway.

I did read that with a tweak someone was able to increase the bass response.

For my setup I did not like the enviromental adjustments on the edge either. Didn't seem as good or at least what I was used to. I like using teh "auditorium" with some treble in many cases for music. I like SB's UI too. I was really looking forward to replace the SB too. I had become quite prejudice against it. I don't like seeing lne wolves for one and also the many driver issues. From the start I had probs. Took me many days and prolonged phone discusions (w/ my PII on an LX) w/ Creative to finally take it to my local repair guy to just get the thing to load. Came to be a bios setting I guess. It was prior to me know even a little about teh guts of a PC. And to date with the KT133A prob. Is it a VIA issue but why only SB?

I don't know but here is to the future w/ plenty of competition. Go nForce, Hercules and all you others!!!

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

TRENDING THREADS