Question knock off psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2019
I saw this psu in a site and they ask if they can use it in a build with an i5 8400 and gtx 1660 and 240gb ssd h310 motherboard and a case with 2 fans and they asked the following questions why is it a fake psu / what is the real wattage of it / does it worth 30$ / and can we use it in a gtx 1660 and the person with the right answer wins a 500 watt cooler master psu can you please respond to those questions cause i need that psu so much .. here are the pictures psu1 it has a 24pin and 4 for the cpu and 5 sata power cables

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
I would personally never recommend to buy a PSU unless you know it is going to be high quality. I have had too many issues with crappy or broken power supplies causing hard reboots that I no longer risk trying to find a "good deal" on a PSU.

If you are going to spend more than you think you need to on any component, the PSU should be it.

USAFRet

Titan
I saw this psu in a site and they ask if they can use it in a build with an i5 8400 and gtx 1660 and 240gb ssd h310 motherboard and a case with 2 fans and they asked the following questions why is it a fake psu / what is the real wattage of it / does it worth 30$ / and can we use it in a gtx 1660 and the person with the right answer wins a 500 watt cooler master psu can you please respond to those questions cause i need that psu so much .. here are the pictures psu1 it has a 24pin and 4 for the cpu and 5 sata power cables
The "500W" label on that is a blatant lie.

Don't buy it.
If you already own it, buy something else. Then, crush this thing with a hammer so that no one else can use this pile of junk.

Jan 13, 2019
guys i know this is a fake psu i would never buy a cheap psu for my computer but actually the post for educative reason and they ask these questions why is it a fake psu / what is the real wattage of it / does it worth 30$ / and can we use it in a gtx 1660 and the person with the right answer gets a 500 watt coolermaster psu so i seek the answer from you guys

USAFRet

Titan
guys i know this is a fake psu i would never buy a cheap psu for my computer but actually the post for educative reason and they ask these questions why is it a fake psu / what is the real wattage of it / does it worth 30$ / and can we use it in a gtx 1660 and the person with the right answer gets a 500 watt coolermaster psu so i seek the answer from you guys
It is "fake", because the label says several different things.
"500W", and "250W", and the other numbers do not add up to either.

Anyone can print a label.
Can the electronics actually deliver on that printed number? No.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
you win my credit xd

Wow thats so generous of you. You will find this forum filled with helpful people who can help you LEARN a lot about computers so you can answer these questions yourself instead of just trying to use us for your own personal gain to win a contest. Since this thread has run its course already I'm closing it. And on a personal note, I hope someone else who actually knew the answer wins.

g-unit1111

Titan
Nobody wins when a Cooler master PSU is the prize. That's a losing proposition all the way around. :)

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.