Kodak 2035 vs. Newer Scanners?

For a whole bunch of years I have been scanning my 35mm negs with the
Kodak 2035 scanners at work. They use a halogen light source, so the
scans don't pick up a lot of artifacts from the film base and
scratches. I get really nice scans - it will handle over-exposed film
well, and the tonalities are really smooth.

I would like to buy my own scanner, to replace my personal Nikon LS-20
whose scans were not even CLOSE to the Kodak. Given all the new
developments, can someone suggest a decent scanner for 35mm (and or 6x7
maybe...) that will give me really nice scans. I expect this machine
would cost around $1000, or will it cost more than that? Or less?

thanks,

Ken
--
(To reply via email, please remove "ECM" - thanks)

"Ken Spencer" <kspenceECM@i-2000.com> wrote in message
> For a whole bunch of years I have been scanning my 35mm negs with the
> Kodak 2035 scanners at work. They use a halogen light source, so the
> scans don't pick up a lot of artifacts from the film base and
> scratches. I get really nice scans - it will handle over-exposed film
> well, and the tonalities are really smooth.
>
> I would like to buy my own scanner, to replace my personal Nikon LS-20
> whose scans were not even CLOSE to the Kodak. Given all the new
> developments, can someone suggest a decent scanner for 35mm (and or 6x7
> maybe...) that will give me really nice scans. I expect this machine
> would cost around $1000, or will it cost more than that? Or less?
>
> thanks,
>
> Ken
> --
> (To reply via email, please remove "ECM" - thanks)

There are good film scanners for around $1500-2000 that will scan 35mm and
Medium format.

Here is a good list of some of the current film scanners.
http://www.scantips.com/basic13f.html

There are two leading brands, Nikon and Minolta.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com