Kodak 7590 DX

HI,

I am new at digital photography, but I got my new Kodak 7590 and the pics I
have been taking are good. Really good

People have commented me on how clear they are.

Since I am new, I tend to leave the setting on "auto" and just take the
picture

The pictures I have taken so far are just buildings and beach pics

I got the camera for a present and one thing that threw me was you don¹t get
a book with the camera, you have to print out a .pdf file

This file is 112 pages...whew

cheers

"dale" <dale_s@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> HI,
>
> I am new at digital photography, but I got my new Kodak 7590 and the pics
> have been taking are good. Really good
>
> People have commented me on how clear they are.
>
> Since I am new, I tend to leave the setting on "auto" and just take the
> picture
>
> The pictures I have taken so far are just buildings and beach pics
>
> I got the camera for a present and one thing that threw me was you don¹t
> get
> a book with the camera, you have to print out a .pdf file
>
> This file is 112 pages...whew
>
> cheers

Most people just print the pages of special interest. A few on the basics
until you get familiar with the camera. All you really need are the pages on
setting the shooting mode and setting the clock the first time.

One tip: Aim the camera at the subject and press and hold the shutter half
way to set the focus then press the rest of the way to take the shot. (sets
focus, saves time (shutter delay) and less possibility of shake.)

The really nice part about PDF is the ability to search the PDF for the
topic you want "right now".
Also is very easy to read at the computer.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Greetings Dale,

Glad to hear about your new present. Nice gift!

The camera has a great many features and options, so as you continue to
learn more and more about photography, you are sure to use them more. One of
the features that I like the most about the camera is an external flash.
You can place the camera on a flash bracket and extend the flash range
considerably. Great feature. Also, you have manual control over the
settings if you want them, as well as using aperture or shutter priority.
These will be important to you as you can use these controls to enhance your
images.

For a great review of picture taking in general as well as a lot of
information and help with general photography, try visiting our web site and
clicking on the link to "Taking Great Pictures." There are a good many other
sites on the web as well that will offer good tips. Review all three of the
links noted, there is a lot there to help you.

http://www.kodak.com/go/takegreatpictures

As to the manual, it should have been included in the Getting Started Kit
that was in the box. If not there, check with Kodak at the following number
and request that they send one to you.

Phone = 0870-2430270
Fax = 44-131-4586962

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"dale" <dale_s@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> HI,
>
> I am new at digital photography, but I got my new Kodak 7590 and the pics
> have been taking are good. Really good
>
> People have commented me on how clear they are.
>
> Since I am new, I tend to leave the setting on "auto" and just take the
> picture
>
> The pictures I have taken so far are just buildings and beach pics
>
> I got the camera for a present and one thing that threw me was you don¹t
get
> a book with the camera, you have to print out a .pdf file
>
> This file is 112 pages...whew
>
> cheers

Hi Dale
You have a great camera in the DX7590. I've had mine for about 4 months and
love it. I think it's a good idea to start off using Auto, it takes great
pictures using that settings and then you can experiment with more more
advanced settings from there. It doesn't cost anything to experiment, a
virtue of the digital camera.
You should look in on the Kodak Talk Forum at dpreview.com for infomation
from users, many of whom use the 7590.
I think you would find it helpful and interesting to see what other Kodak
users are doing.

Roger