KODAK camera

I bought a KODAK DC4800 digital camera just a few months before Windows XP
was released. It came with a CD that installed the necessary drivers on my
then Windows ME.
Recently, I got a new DELL computer with XP SP2 installed and it does not
have the drivers to download the pictures form the camera. The original
camera CD does not work with XP.
The KODAK site, although listing the camera as discontinued, informs that no
additional software is needed to work with XP (???). The site also offers
the EASYSHARE software (free), a 24 MB monster with lots of functions I do
not need as they are supplied with XP.
Is there a way to make XP work with this camera without having to install
additional software? A site where I can find the drivers for the camera?

Presently, the only way I have to use the camera is to download the pictures
to my old Windows ME PC then burn them to a CD and transfer the pictures
from the CD to the XP PC. Quite cumbersome.

--
Luiz Carlos Gonçalves Monteiro
lcgmont@globo.com

Try http://www.google.com In search,enter the info,you might find drivers,
or software.You might also try,microsoft research,they have some camera
software for xp.