Question Kolink continuum any good?

GhostWolf195

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2012
Hello guys, I am looking to get a new psu for future upgrades and a was looking at kolink continuum 1050w.

When I check the sticky Post here I read that I should totally avoid the brand, why on Linux forum it was said its a high tier psu..

I don't have any multi Gpu plans, but a power hungry Gpu is in the options, 1080ti,2080ti,etc...

Anyone any experience with said psu?

I don't think it's available here in the states but there's a review of it over at JG which is a reputable source. I'm not sure why you think you need that much power. You may be better off coming down in wattage to something closer to what you actually need and putting the money toward getting a better quality brand/model. If you list your build specs we can help you decide how much power you actually need and give you a good recommendation.
Here's the review-
Kolink Continuum 1050 @ JG

GhostWolf195

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2012
I don't think it's available here in the states but there's a review of it over at JG which is a reputable source. I'm not sure why you think you need that much power. You may be better off coming down in wattage to something closer to what you actually need and putting the money toward getting a better quality brand/model. If you list your build specs we can help you decide how much power you actually need and give you a good recommendation.
Here's the review-
Kolink Continuum 1050 @ JG
Hello
I chose this unit as its heavily discounted, like 60%
It's at 75e range, and for that price it seemed interesting

I read some reviews and they were okay, but I saw post here to avoid the brand, so I was confused as I know everything about pc hardware but psu(I got nothing on psu's)

Build atm
GTX 1080
Ryzen 1600x
4 drives
3-4 fans and that's it I guess

With cpu and Gpu being replaced with 1080ti/2080/2080ti
Ryzen 3800/3900/3950

Hello
I chose this unit as its heavily discounted, like 60%
It's at 75e range, and for that price it seemed interesting

I read some reviews and they were okay, but I saw post here to avoid the brand, so I was confused as I know everything about pc hardware but psu(I got nothing on psu's)

Build atm
GTX 1080
Ryzen 1600x
4 drives
3-4 fans and that's it I guess

With cpu and Gpu being replaced with 1080ti/2080/2080ti
Ryzen 3800/3900/3950
The build you have now can run on a 550 watt PSU. If you want to cover upgrades you listed also, then I suggest a 750 watt model. Either of these models would be fine. Not sure where you'll be buying from so I listed from Amazon UK. Both are available at Amazon DE also.
Seasonic Focus GX 750
Corsair RM750x

Last edited:

GhostWolf195

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2012
The build you have now can run on a 550 watt PSU. If you want to cover upgrades you listed also, then I suggest a 750 watt model. Either of these models would be fine. Not sure where you'll be buying from so I listed from Amazon UK. Both are available at Amazon DE also.
Seasonic Focus GX 750
Corsair RM750x
Ty for the links, are both psu's better than the kolink continuum? Kolink is cheaper (50e cheaper with discount).

Will check out the seasonic psu, if I can find locally