Konami Has No Plans For Story-Based Content DLC For ‘Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaledegy200

Honorable
May 8, 2013
There is something I don't get about the title, correct me if I'm wrong but, doesn't DLC stand for downloadable content? "story-based content downloadable content"

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
That's pretty ridiculous. Extremely infuriating to hear.

What do you mean? The main story writer and heaviest contributor to it's style and atmosphere, is no longer working for them. The best thing to do would be to end the series with this game. It's pretty much Kojima's baby and I don't think they could come up with anything similar or as good.

realnoize

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
I would probably change the title simply to "Konami Has No Plans." It would probably be more accurate. lol!
But joke aside, they do have one. It just doesn't involve gaming that much, unless you consider mobile gaming and pachinko machines being part of the gaming world.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
That's pretty ridiculous. Extremely infuriating to hear.

What do you mean? The main story writer and heaviest contributor to it's style and atmosphere, is no longer working for them. The best thing to do would be to end the series with this game. It's pretty much Kojima's baby and I don't think they could come up with anything similar or as good.

apparently one third of the game got cut out because konami wanted it out now, meaning they have more story and crap they could tell, they just dont want to do the expensive work, they want to do petty crap like nickel and dime cosmetic dlc.

Alex Atkin UK

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
If all he said was "I don't have any particular story content to announce, no." then this headline is misleading.

There is a big difference between "We have nothing to announce." and "We are never ever going to do any, no.".

Fargradius

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Konami is definitely shooting itself in the foot; they have abandoned a massively amazing reputation and replaced it with a very ugly one! The facts about how they treat their employees and their nonsense making direction is going to make this company a think of the past!

creamygarlicdip

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

yup, they made a whole new multiplatform graphics engine, fox engine. Its ridiculous not to recoup costs by bringing more content. Its also the best game ive played all year and everyone would love to see more!

Status
Not open for further replies.