Konica ink jet paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Folks

I recently purchased a pack of Konica inkjet paper (due to its price)
instead of my normal choice, Canon Photopaper Pro (PR101). I used it with
my Canon I950 and achieved as good a result colour wise etc as the Canon
paper. Has anybody any experience with the longevity of the Konica QP
Premium Photo Glossy when used in a display (framed under glass) situation?
I have had Canon paper on display for some years now with no discernable
degradation. However, the Canon paper is getting pricey by comparison.

regards

--
Don From Down Under

"Don" wrote in message ...

> I recently purchased a pack of Konica inkjet paper (due to its price)
> instead of my normal choice, Canon Photopaper Pro (PR101). I used it
> with my Canon I950 and achieved as good a result colour wise etc as the
> Canon paper. Has anybody any experience with the longevity of the
> Konica QP Premium Photo Glossy when used in a display (framed under
> glass) situation?

I have a few A3 and A4 framed prints on the walls for over 5 years now
and I see no noticeable colour degradation/shift.
I guess it's more or less the same QP paper, if maybe an earlier version,
but since I have an original packing, here's what it says on the pack:
Konica Photo IJ Paper QP / Premium Quality Coated Paper / Heavy Weight
code: KJP-A3-GH-20-QP-IJ.
I believe at the time (Q3-4, 1999) I was using Epson Photo 1270, IIRC.

--
Cheers,
DaveGK

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:50:59 GMT, "Don" <mackie.don@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Folks
>
>I recently purchased a pack of Konica inkjet paper (due to its price)
>instead of my normal choice, Canon Photopaper Pro (PR101). I used it with
>my Canon I950 and achieved as good a result colour wise etc as the Canon
>paper. Has anybody any experience with the longevity of the Konica QP
>Premium Photo Glossy when used in a display (framed under glass) situation?
>I have had Canon paper on display for some years now with no discernable
>degradation. However, the Canon paper is getting pricey by comparison.
>
>regards
>
>--
>Don From Down Under

I found out about that Konica paper several years ago, being sold at a
real bargain price by Costco in the California market. I got my son
who lives out there to buy me a good supply, and used it on my then
HP Photosmart P-1000 printer. When that supply was running out, I
found that Office Depot was marketing what appeared to be the exact
same paper, so I began buying it from them. Many of those prints
began fading much too soon. Later after switching printers to the
i950, I finally realized it was the inks! APPARENTLY, not totally
provable though, the HP inks in those No.78 color cartridges did not
hold up well with that paper.

Subsequently I've switched to Ilford paper and with the Canon inks,
have not yet had any fading. Only time will tell, though.

Olin McDaniel

Stacey

Don wrote:

> Folks
>
> I recently purchased a pack of Konica inkjet paper (due to its price)
> instead of my normal choice, Canon Photopaper Pro (PR101).

Another paper you might try is the ilford "classic" paper. I'm using their
classic pearl paper and it's suposed to work well with dye based printers
as far as longevity and the prints look really nice on it.Their smooth
paper is made more to work with the pigment inks.
--

Stacey

It's Illford paper.

"Don" <mackie.don@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Folks
>
> I recently purchased a pack of Konica inkjet paper (due to its price)
> instead of my normal choice, Canon Photopaper Pro (PR101). I used it with
> my Canon I950 and achieved as good a result colour wise etc as the Canon
> paper. Has anybody any experience with the longevity of the Konica QP
> Premium Photo Glossy when used in a display (framed under glass)
situation?
> I have had Canon paper on display for some years now with no discernable
> degradation. However, the Canon paper is getting pricey by comparison.
>
> regards
>
> --
> Don From Down Under

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Stacey

thanks

Regards

Don
> Don wrote:
>
>> Folks
>>
>> I recently purchased a pack of Konica inkjet paper (due to its price)
>> instead of my normal choice, Canon Photopaper Pro (PR101).
>
> Another paper you might try is the ilford "classic" paper. I'm using their
> classic pearl paper and it's suposed to work well with dye based printers
> as far as longevity and the prints look really nice on it.Their smooth
> paper is made more to work with the pigment inks.
> --
>
> Stacey

Ever try Costco's Kirkland paper. Supposed to be made by Ilford and the
same as Ilford Gallerie Glossy.