Konica Minolta laser printer Roller Marks(?)

bigwillie450

Reputable
May 20, 2014
I have a "Konica Minolta magicolor 2430 DL" laser printer, and it has been doing what I assume are roller marks (and formerly streaking, but that seems to have resolved itself), which seem to have gotten worse over the last couple months of no use. (The left 3 were printed today, the right three maybe 4 months ago, with practically no printer use in between.)

I got the latest drivers off their website, pulled out the drum cartridge and cleaned the media roller(which was just wiping it with a cloth?) and the laser lens according to their manual and still the problem. Then I got the bright idea and printed a couple test pages, and I seem to have hit closer to the mark.

Now I'm guessing it has something to do with the Magenta Toner Cartridge, but I'm pretty out of my element when it comes to printers, especially laser printers. Any idea on what is causing this, and hopefully a way to fix it without buying a new toner cartridge (if that's even the problem) or worse, a new printer?

Solution
aw crap im no expert but it sounds like you got youself a dirty fuser drum thats gonna require you to dissemble and clean the drum and then reassemble it again. although based on the paterns their could be gouges in the drum itself also curious what are you doing printer out those game covers

legokill101

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
aw crap im no expert but it sounds like you got youself a dirty fuser drum thats gonna require you to dissemble and clean the drum and then reassemble it again. although based on the paterns their could be gouges in the drum itself also curious what are you doing printer out those game covers

Solution