Koolance reservoir and pump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
If you're going to spend that kind of money on a pump, I wouldn't get anything less than a MCP35X. It has a much higher pressure head to keep the flow going through your 4 block loop.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
o, also ill be replacing all the tubing if that is a good pump so aproximately how much will i need? ill be running water from res to 360mm rad on roof of case to the cpu and through both gpu blocks and lastly the 200mm by the front fan and back to res. i was thinking 6 or 7 ft. in case i messed up with a cut but ive never done it before. and at the moment im just looking at frozencpu for items before shopping around and i noticed some tubing is $2.50 and some goes all the way up to $22 for a foot. is the $2.50 crap or will it work good and last?

You never really said what your budget was. The Rasa 750 pump is pretty decent for the price, but if you can afford better I'd get a better pump.

As for tubing, even $2 a foot seems quite expensive, and I've never seen $22 a foot. I use Primochill Pro LRT tubing, and buy it in 10 ft increments from Amazon @ ~$16.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I just installed Primochill LRT on my project last night...pretty good tubing as I've used Feser and Tygon primarily in the past. My only beef is that the blue is more of a 'purple' hue.

Stuff is damn thick, but flexes just as well as both Tygon and Feser; makes great bends.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

well id like to spend no more than $500 on parts but might go a tad bit over if needed. my goal is to keep everything in the case. so are there any kits out there with better pumps? and do you guys think with those two rads i can get rid of all the heat?

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

thanks for your help man. i found a dual bay xspc res that fits the pump. i got those today and when i get paid next im gonna pick up the rx360, the phobia 200mm, and a 140mm res, not sure which one yet though but ill figure it out. that should keep everything extremely cool.