Koolance reservoir and pump

Solution
If you're going to spend that kind of money on a pump, I wouldn't get anything less than a MCP35X. It has a much higher pressure head to keep the flow going through your 4 block loop.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
yep, i've read it. you pointed me that way a few months back. well eventually i will want to cool 3 570's and a 2500k at 4.5 at least. so have you used the 1005? and if so how great does it work?

SushiDragon

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
If you do get the MCP35X, if you use the sticky pad that comes with it and try to remove it, you WILL remove the Void if removed Sticker. Like I did! Stupid me.

But yeah, I'm very happy with the MCP35X. Very quiet even at 100% Pumping power!

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
at a quick look not too many ppl liked the ddc one. id really like a res that fits in a drive bay because it will hold more coolant + i like the look. and thats less room in my case because i want everything to be internal and not block airflow.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
A res holding more water doesn't really amount to much other than holding more water.

I don't know how many bay pump/res combos you are actually going to find...most are at least 2x. 1x doesn't leave you much room to mount the pump and ensure the inlet doesn't suck air.

Just as a heads up, while looking up the MCP35X specs, I saw that they have a white one... :D

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
well if the swiftech pump will perform better than the koolance one ill get it but the only room i have in my case for a res is in a drive bay unless i get a new case, which im considering doing.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You must have an extremely small case- a DDC pump is only about 2"x 2" footprint. With a top/res it only sits about 5"-6" tall. What case do you currently have? If it is this small, sounds like you might have bigger issues with airflow, anyway.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think you should consider consolidating all your 'is this good' threads...I think you currently have 3. Please re-read as much as possible in the watercooling sticky- several of the concepts you are asking questions about are discussed in the sticky and should provide you with enough info so you don't need to ask 'is this a good.....'. We are here to help, but you have to help us out here...you are the one spending your money and will be doing the install- the more you know the better off you will be.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It is getting confusing having several different threads open asking 'is this a good part'? I understand you are trying to get as much info as you can, but try putting together some components based on what you will need for your loop that fall within your budget- this way we can get an idea of what you are trying to work with. Having a solid idea of your budget, components you want to cool, components you would like to use and loop design will go a long ways.

When it comes to reservoirs - a res is a res...it really just depends what you want and where you want it to go. Hell, you don't even need a res, but it makes it easier to fill and maintain a loop.

When it comes to radiators, you first need to determine how many watts you are going to need to dissipate from your loop. You do this by getting a sum of all components' TDP you wish to watercool. Use this number to determine radiator sizes you'll need. When it comes to radiators, most of the ones out there are good- just avoid any with aluminium. There aren't any good ones that contain aluminum, s you will be fine. FPI just makes fins more dense on a rad to increase surface area, but total improvement over a lower FPI rad is 10-15% max. No real need for them unless you want to buy loud, expensive fans.