Korea to get PSP Network Utility UMD

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1112049397.212243.56250@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
> a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
> other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
> available at that time.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html

Ah I just posted about this elsewhere. Certainly looks interesting and the
sort of thing to come out in the rest of the world. They will test the
water with S. Korea and see if it takes off.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
> a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
> other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
> available at that time.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html

Hey I just noticed - S.Korea launch of PSP on May 2nd.
WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!!!!
Dirty scumming Sony liars. They declined a Europe launch so there would be
enough units for America, yet all of a sudden can conjure up units for
elsewhere.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Beck wrote:

> "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
> > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
> > other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
> > available at that time.
> >
> > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html
>
> Hey I just noticed - S.Korea launch of PSP on May 2nd.
> WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!!!!
> Dirty scumming Sony liars. They declined a Europe launch so there would be
> enough units for America, yet all of a sudden can conjure up units for
> elsewhere.

Korea is very tech forward; it's also a more limited size market than
Europe as a whole. That makes them a concentrated market of users likely
to support the system strongly that can be sufficiently supplied right
now in a single language, needing only a single language for ads, etc.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:16:49 +0000, Ted wrote:

> Beck wrote:
>>
>> "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
>> > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
>> > other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
>> > available at that time.
>> >
>> > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html
>>
>> Hey I just noticed - S.Korea launch of PSP on May 2nd.
>> WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!!!!
>> Dirty scumming Sony liars. They declined a Europe launch so there would be
>> enough units for America, yet all of a sudden can conjure up units for
>> elsewhere.
>
> Korea is very tech forward; it's also a more limited size market than
> Europe as a whole. That makes them a concentrated market of users likely
> to support the system strongly that can be sufficiently supplied right
> now in a single language, needing only a single language for ads, etc.

Many Koreans are not very fond of anything that comes out of
Japan.

Blig Merk wrote:

> The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
> a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader
> and other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become
> widely available at that time.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html

Korea always gets the coolest tech first, especially when it comes to
wireless. But if this makes it to the rest of the world, it'll be sooooo
frickin' cool.

You're three for three Bliggy. You go girl!

-Z-

So if it comes with a network utility UMD, I guess you will have to have the
UMD in the psp in order to use the web browser? I wonder if this is what
sony will make us buy, or if it will be a free firmware upgrade?