Kouziro's Got an 11lb 21.5-inch Android Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous_user

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
So in the case of this computer, what would YOU call it then? Its far bigger than a PDA, and its not a laptop either. I suppose it be a all-in-one PC similar to HP's Touchsmart however its hardware and software is more similar to those of smartphones and tablets.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]anonymous_user[/nom]So in the case of this computer, what would YOU call it then? Its far bigger than a PDA, and its not a laptop either. I suppose it be a all-in-one PC similar to HP's Touchsmart however its hardware and software is more similar to those of smartphones and tablets.[/citation]
An abomination

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
It's an AIO pc just add peripherals. The only issue with it is that it's running a mobile OS. Now if it was running ChromeOS they might have something.

danielravennest

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
I would call this a smart monitor. Use it stand-alone when you don't need much processor power, plug in HDMI connector from your main PC to get extra power and monitors.

I actually have room for a third monitor on my desk, between the keyboard and upright monitors. If it could run windows and be portable for when I just want to read casually it would be ideal. Oh, and pressure sensitive screen for graphics input.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
If it is not at least between 400ppi and 600ppi for displaying crystal clear photo's then its completely pointless for me. It's probably cheap because the screen is pixelated at 21.5 inchs.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]God how I wish every touch screen computing device was not called a "tablet".[/citation]

It's a "table".

aragis

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]If it is not at least between 400ppi and 600ppi for displaying crystal clear photo's then its completely pointless for me. It's probably cheap because the screen is pixelated at 21.5 inchs.[/citation]
There are no displays with 400+ ppi on the planet. Perhaps a few prototype panels...

And Mr. Genius, the larger a screen gets, the less ppi you need to get a crisp image because you will be looking at large displays from a distance, and you won't be able to make out any pixels from a certain distance. You don't watch TV from 30cm away do you?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
What kind of glass does it have on the screen? Is it Gorilla Glass (1 or 2) or what? I would love to see something like this having Gorilla Glass 2. Where I work would benefit from it.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]aragis[/nom]...And Mr. Genius, the larger a screen gets, the less ppi you need to get a crisp image because you will be looking at large displays from a distance, and you won't be able to make out any pixels from a certain distance. You don't watch TV from 30cm away do you?[/citation]

um . . . It's touch! so you will not be arms length away! That's ok, nice try.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]um . . . It's touch! so you will not be more than arms length away! That's ok, nice try.[/citation]

Let me fix that . . .

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]aragis[/nom]There are no displays with 400+ ppi on the planet. Perhaps a few prototype panels...And Mr. Genius, the larger a screen gets, the less ppi you need to get a crisp image because you will be looking at large displays from a distance, and you won't be able to make out any pixels from a certain distance. You don't watch TV from 30cm away do you?[/citation]

And you sit on a couch to look at your 21.5 inch tv/tablet/ or any panel? It is not a 60 inch TV hung on a wall where the pixels can be the size of a pencil eraser and no one would care.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[strike]Can't believe no one has brought this up...but that massive display is gonna eat battery like theres no tomorrow. Unless theyre planning on throwing in a giant battery, battery life will be laughable at best.[/strike]

Edit: scratch that. look online some more, apparently it doesnt have a battery at all, completely power dependent on an outlet.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Can't believe no one has brought this up...but that massive display is gonna eat battery like theres no tomorrow. Unless theyre planning on throwing in a giant battery, battery life will be laughable at best.Edit: scratch that. look online some more, apparently it doesnt have a battery at all, completely power dependent on an outlet.[/citation]
What's crazy is that a quick Google search for this device shows that most of the internet is referring to this as a tablet. A tablet is a portable device. This thing needs to be plugged in, therefore not portable. Only a few websites get it right and refer to it as an AIO PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.