[SOLVED] kraken 120mm or bequiet pure loop 120mm for i712700 or 13600k stock

matthewmurphy57

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
Hi due to a limited case size, I am needing a watercooler but a small one. The only feedback for the kraken is a vid of a guy using a r5 3600 getting good temps - but a 12700 is like 8 to 15 degrees hotter. Whereas I have seen a video of a guy getting 92 degrees average in aida64 on a 9900k with the bequiet, so i have limited resources to go off. Only games played are bf4/1/5, squad, insurgency, mc, rising storm 2, etc.

Many thanks,

Matt

matthewmurphy57

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
Neither, really. A 120mm radiator is inappropriate for these CPUs. Are you using the case in your signature? An H510 Flow can go up a 280mm radiator in the front.
Hi yeah I know that, but it turned out most rads are 27mm and the thicc 4080 leaves 25 between the mount bracket for the cooler, and I know I could use a watercooler but they are exceedingly nowadays for decent performance. All i want is below 80 degrees temps.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi yeah I know that, but it turned out most rads are 27mm and the thicc 4080 leaves 25 between the mount bracket for the cooler, and I know I could use a watercooler but they are exceedingly nowadays for decent performance. All i want is below 80 degrees temps.

Not for the 120mm ones. You can do it, but unless you have a very cold ambient environment to start with, expect to be running your hardware very much on the hot side.

You're going to have to decide what you sacrifice, whether it's temperatures, the case, or the size of the GPU.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
so I am in need of a new cooler

My suggested NH-D15S, which has a nice offset to house GPU, is solid choice,
specs: https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15s
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/xCL7YJ,R6kgXL/

Btw, 120mm rad AIOs are only meant for mini-ITX builds, where you do not have enough CPU cooler clearance to install proper air cooler (e.g only space for top-down air coolers). But for everything else, go with air cooler, mid-sized (e.g Freezer 34) or one of the big boys (NH-D15/D15S, Dark Rock Pro 3/4).

matthewmurphy57

Honorable
Oct 8, 2018
yeah well i have been looking at the dark rock 4 or ak620, my only option would be to switch the orientation of the radiator to be on the otherside of the bracket for me and have the fans facing inwards with a 240 or 280, but they would have to be below 25mm thickness, thats my only choice of full size aio

TRENDING THREADS