Question Kraken g12 with gtx1080ti help

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
Not sure if it will work but I am trying to install the kraken g12 and was wondering if anyone can advise me on if I should remove what look to be a black heat skink tray , next to the GPU? The kraken g12 fan would be over that tray so I am not sure what to do . the over thing I am worried about is the other 8 vrms around the GPU as there will be no direct fan over them,

8OR8pMO.jpg

nKSsixN.jpg

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it'll fit under the shroud with decent amount of clearance below the fan you can leave it. If it doesn't fit, it has to go.

If you are really worried about the memory chips,
measure them, and measure the clearance below

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g40/c21/list/p1/Air_Cooling-VGA_HeatsinksCoolers.html

They'll have heatsinks that'll use thermal tape and stick right to the chip. Just get the appropriate size and height. You don't have to worry about chips not being directly under the fan, the shroud is hollow underneath so will act as a wind tunnel and the fan exhaust will be coming out of both ends, mainly, covering the whole board.

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
I got it to fit so I left it on as it will probably help to keep the vrms cool , haven't really tested it out as I need some more fan cables inputs . had it running with case out GPU temp idle 20c