Question Kraken M22 crackling noise issue

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Hi!

I have a Kraken M22, which was probably my worst purchase.
It's only 8 months old, and it's already making this rattling noise which can be stopped for a little moment by tapping the tubes few times.
It's also making my temps jump around [redacted] and the CPU overheats when games are played.

I am getting a Kraken X63 for this CPU so I can mount the radiator better (in front) because now the radiator is installed into the rear panel.

This is just ridiculous, bad aio cooler tbh.

I hope I get rid of this issue for my i9... with the new aio cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like you might have an air pocket making it's way into the impeller. What processor is the AIO cooling? As for the orientation of the AIO, where and how have you mounted it in your case? Speaking of which, make and model of your case? Ideally you should gun for a 240mm AIO unless it's a locked processor(or does not allow for any overclocking) and at that point you're good to go with the stock cooler of most CPU's that come locked.

With regards to the i9, you're supposed to look at a 360mm AIO at that point.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm sure it's beyond saving. The cooler got the ok for the day 1 reviews, but ownership hasn't been as favorable.
8 months is in the range for when they start failing.
The OEM for the cooler is Apaltek. Same OEM for Msi's MAG and MPG Coreliquids which haven't been passing the test of time very well either, as well as the recently launched Fractal Design Lumen series.
Is it an Apaltek quality problem, or a flaw in the pump in rad design? I don't know exactly.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Seems like you might have an air pocket making it's way into the impeller. What processor is the AIO cooling? As for the orientation of the AIO, where and how have you mounted it in your case? Speaking of which, make and model of your case? Ideally you should gun for a 240mm AIO unless it's a locked processor(or does not allow for any overclocking) and at that point you're good to go with the stock cooler of most CPU's that come locked.

With regards to the i9, you're supposed to look at a 360mm AIO at that point.

CPU is the i9 10850K.
Yes, this AIO cooler worked fine with low CPU temperature before the issue started and I got a RTX 3060 Ti recently.
Now there's no way to fix this but to replace the cooler.
I will be installing a Kraken X63 (280mm) and that is the biggest cooler I can put into my case which is Elite H510.
I am sure if it doesn't fail, like M22 did, it will work just perfectly with this CPU.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
I received a Kraken X63 and it is a lot better in many ways, placement, tubes are more soft, and can be put more easily to a correct position. The cooling is 10x better also, it seems that the Kraken M22 was really broken and insufficient for this CPU. Case solved.