Oct 11, 2020
Hi there, everyone! I just installed a Kraken M22 water cooler on my OMEN 30L (the PC is about 1.5 months old) in place of the stock heat sink fan over my cpu (AMD Ryzen 9) in attempt to cool it down a bit when gaming; it was running on 80c and a friend of mine said that was a bit hot. I did not remove the CPU from the motherboard when I took everything out of the case. Everything seemed to go smoothly in the install, and the computer booted up normally after assembling everything back together. I was careful to make sure I was grounded when touching internal components when disassembling everything, but I’ve read static discharges can cause fatal problems. All lights and fans are functioning, and all cables are firmly connected back into the motherboard, GPU, etc., but I’m receiving a ‘no input signal’ to my Omen 27 144hz monitor.

I’ve tested 2 different monitors with 2 different cables and that made no difference, so I suspect it’s an internal issue on my PC. I’ve reseated the RAM sticks (2 HyperX 8GB) into different ports, as well as the GPU (GTX 2080 Super), but the problem persists. The 1, 120mm fan attached to the radiator (situated above CPU) is spinning without problems and is pushing air out the top side of the PC. My PSU is a Coolmaster 500W, so maybe it isn’t powerful enough to completely power all components? I’ve checked the packaging on the Kraken and there’s no note of how much power it draws out, so I’m afraid I don’t know much on that topic.

I’ve powered everything down completely, disconnected and reconnected all power cords (also used a different power cord), tried different outlets, and rebooted but that hasn’t worked either. The PC has had no problem starting up each time during the troubleshooting process, and I’ve heard no unusual sounds or beeps indicating code errors. I did notice that my motherboard doesn’t have any internal usb 2.0 headers, so I can’t attach the mini USB to the pump for RGB lights, but would this prevent the cooler from functioning?

The pump seems to be on when I boot up the PC because the tubes coming from it slightly buzz/vibrate. I have not changed the little, round CMOS(?) battery on the motherboard since the PC is new (some have suggested it). A friend advised that I enter into the BIOS, and I’ve tried spamming F2, F10, Esc, and Delete on boot up, but my monitor won’t show ANY picture, whatsoever. I know it’s not the monitor because it turns on and searches for a signal and when it finds none it enters into sleep mode. The brightness is turned up and and I’ve tried both HDMI and DisplayPort inputs.

Some have also suggested to connect to the motherboard via HDMI, but my PC only has two inputs - 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort and both are situated next to the GPU - I’ve used both ports with no luck. I’m at my wits end, sigh*...any ideas on what is causing this and what the solution could be? If more information is needed on specs or anything else, I’ll do what I can. Thanks very much.

Solution
Update and Solution:

It turned out that I scratched/crushed wires embedded on the rear side of the motherboard when I was trying to remove the stock cpu cooler mounting plate (it was very difficult to get off). I had to replace the motherboard, but it did solve the missing input signal problem.
Oct 11, 2020
Update and Solution:

It turned out that I scratched/crushed wires embedded on the rear side of the motherboard when I was trying to remove the stock cpu cooler mounting plate (it was very difficult to get off). I had to replace the motherboard, but it did solve the missing input signal problem.

Solution