Kraken x41 + Kraken G10 + MSi GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G - worried about liquid temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

It took me whole day to finish this stuff, but it's kind of worth it. I still have to work on fans and PWM, coz I have way too many fans in my system, to be controlled by one motherboard.

Anyway, my question is. Are the 50-55°C let's say [I never went over 50°C] liquid temperature for Kraken X41 okay [safe]?

I can't google the specs, of what the safe temps are. The graphcs card running at ~1500 MHz Boost [Heaven 4.0], after 20 minutes, and the temps are 52°C GPU, 50°C liquid. No mem OC yet, just +125 MHz on GPU, +10 mv on core [GPU].

Please advise,

thank You!

regards

uplink

kraken-3.jpg

kraken-2.jpg

kraken-1.jpg

Solution
oh oh, forgot about those heatsinks, no need to upgrade them, they are more than sufficient!

also, i thought your question was about the temps, no the kraken wont leak, the kraken x31, x41 and x61 are high end coolers, unless you have a manufacturing flaw/defect, you are set! even if it did happen to leak, you have a backplate protecting your gpu pcb AND your psu fan is faced downwards so when it leaks from the waterblock downwards, it would leak onto your psu shroud, dont stress it mate

cheers

EDIT: to back up my answer about it not leaking due to high temps, my friend coincidentally runs an x41 on the mini volcano; AMD FX 9590, which gets hotter than the majority of gpu's sometimes... and no problems what so ever!

ThatAfricanDude

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
those temps are perfectly safe, no need to worry about it, but although you are fine there, i need to inform you of something else to keep in mind!

the g10 doesnt really cool your VRMs or VRAM, check their temps... you can buy tiny heatsinks for them, which would help, dont worry about the ~50C you have on your core, its perfectly safe (also its rather good temps [if those are temps while under load]) since those are temps under load, nice.

Thank You ThatAfricanDude!

MSi Came with these passive parts:

980-ti-msi.jpg

Should I upgrade them, or keep them as they are? The right part has 3mm thick passive coolers, the left part has backplatish material on it.

Are these okay? Or should I get more metal for the card?

And as for my genuine question. I'm not worried about GPU temps, it can take up to 97°C, or 94°C, I'm worried about Kraken X41, whether it won't leak because of high liquid temps.

Thank You once more!

regards

uplink

ThatAfricanDude

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
oh oh, forgot about those heatsinks, no need to upgrade them, they are more than sufficient!

also, i thought your question was about the temps, no the kraken wont leak, the kraken x31, x41 and x61 are high end coolers, unless you have a manufacturing flaw/defect, you are set! even if it did happen to leak, you have a backplate protecting your gpu pcb AND your psu fan is faced downwards so when it leaks from the waterblock downwards, it would leak onto your psu shroud, dont stress it mate

cheers

EDIT: to back up my answer about it not leaking due to high temps, my friend coincidentally runs an x41 on the mini volcano; AMD FX 9590, which gets hotter than the majority of gpu's sometimes... and no problems what so ever!

Solution

ThatAfricanDude

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
no problem, glad to help, also ill ask him permission to do some benchmarks on his pc when i see him again, or ill ring him now to check the temps (he probs be gaming) xD he is too much of a lazy noob to do even that kind of effort,

P.S. now i also know what ya'll call the pocket/mini Volcano xD #Vishera

CrookBond

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015

Does this bracket Fit on Non-Ref. MSI 980 Ti? I am going to use G10 and Corsair H55.

Status
Not open for further replies.