[SOLVED] Kraken X52 compatibility

Jan 25, 2022
I currently have a kraken X52 and have just purchased a 12900k and a z690 mobo. I requested the bracket from nzxt but considering my cooler is older it’s a LGA 1151 socket size. Will the bracket from nzxt work with this cooler for my Z690 motherboard or do I need to get a new one? Furthermore, as I have gone back and forth, will the kraken X52 be capable to keep the 12900k cool? I only have 280mm clearance in the front of my case to put a cooler.

Solution
The cold plate + pump head is the same size; the Asetek-made coolers are universal and so is their mounting kits. You don't need another one.
If you requested an LGA 1700 kit, then it should fit.

Furthermore, as I have gone back and forth, will the kraken X52 be capable to keep the 12900k cool?
This is a bit too broad.
Put it another way, the 12900K can bring any of today's coolers to their knees. That's where the K SKU and Z board come in; you tune it so it is manageable.

I only have 280mm clearance in the front of my case
And this would be?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The cold plate + pump head is the same size; the Asetek-made coolers are universal and so is their mounting kits. You don't need another one.

Furthermore, as I have gone back and forth, will the kraken X52 be capable to keep the 12900k cool?
This is a bit too broad.
Put it another way, the 12900K can bring any of today's coolers to their knees. That's where the K SKU and Z board come in; you tune it so it is manageable.

I only have 280mm clearance in the front of my case
And this would be?

Solution
Jan 25, 2022

This is a bit too broad.

And this would be?

This is a bit too broad.

And this would be?
And this would be?
An NZXT H510

Jan 25, 2022
So airflow isn't great.
Well, the cpu can be tuned, and the kit you've requested should work, so you're good there.
Yeah it’s not ideal airflow. This was my first pc build that I am beginning to slowly upgrade. Processor needed to be done first which comes with mobo. Everything else I will slowly begin to upgrade. Maybe a bigger case with better airflow and some bigger fans would be a good next step. Thanks for your help!