[SOLVED] Kraken X52 where do I plug fans into mobo or cooler?

Kusky

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
This is my first build. The case I got came with 3 installed RGB fans in the front, and the radiator for the Kraken x52 could not fit on the top so I mounted it at the front with my RGB fans. Initially I have connected those fans into the motherboard, but then I found a fan cable connector coming from the x52. So my question is do I plug my front facing fans into that, and if I do will it affect my RGB lighting? Because I will have the top 2 plugged into the x52 and the bottom one left in the motherboard as the radiator doesnt cover that one, will the lighting be out of sync etc?

Solution
Your fans should have 2x cables, 1 for fan control and 1 for RGB control. Being separate, the lighting won't be affected by whatever source the fan is controlled by. With fan control on the x52 pump, they'll be controlled by CAM software that's inherent to nzxt. With the fans on the mobo headers, they are controlled by bios settings. Some ppl do not like CAM because it's constantly informing nzxt about your pc, understandable in order to fine tune software issues etc, but that's never really bothered me.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your fans should have 2x cables, 1 for fan control and 1 for RGB control. Being separate, the lighting won't be affected by whatever source the fan is controlled by. With fan control on the x52 pump, they'll be controlled by CAM software that's inherent to nzxt. With the fans on the mobo headers, they are controlled by bios settings. Some ppl do not like CAM because it's constantly informing nzxt about your pc, understandable in order to fine tune software issues etc, but that's never really bothered me.

Solution