Kraken x52 with NZXT Aer RGB 120mm Fans

kliu448

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I recently wanted to upgrade my current rig with the NZXT Kraken X52, I also wanted to change my fans to the NZXT Aer RGB fans. I know that the fans on the NZXT kraken is SP fans and the Aer RGB is AF, will there be any problem if i set up the 2 kraken SP fans as push on the radiator and the Aer RGB fans as pull on the radiator as well? So it will be a total of 4 fans on the radiator intaking air into my case (NZXT s340 elite) and 2 Aer RGB fans outaking air from the case.

Thanks

Solution
If that's the case, you should get the x62. It will move more air than the x52, and since the CPU heat is constant (for the purpose of this discussion at least), the temperature coming off the radiator will be lower.

That said, an air cooler would allow you to supply the GPUs with fresh air, removing the CPU heat from the equation.

kliu448

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

What if I want to keep the p120s as push on the radiator and use Aer RGB AF fans as pull on the radiator, will the be any problems with that setup?

kliu448

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

Thanks for the reply. My idea for the pull fans is just to add more air circulation as I'm planning to go 1080ti SLI. I heard there's some issues with them and the 1080 SLI running hot in the NZXT S340 since the air circulation is not very good in that case. I'm hoping the extra pull fans from the Aer RGB will give the case a better inflow of air

If that's the case, you should get the x62. It will move more air than the x52, and since the CPU heat is constant (for the purpose of this discussion at least), the temperature coming off the radiator will be lower.

That said, an air cooler would allow you to supply the GPUs with fresh air, removing the CPU heat from the equation.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS