Kraken x61 water pump

andyl49

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Hi all , just finished my first complete build and I have a question about my kraken x61!

I have a Ryzen 2600x but CAM software is showing idle temps between 60-70c, which should not be right!

I have the radiator mounted at the top of the case exhausting air, and the two fans connected to the headers nearest the pump on the sata cable coming out of the unit . The pump is plugged into the cpu fan 1 header on the motherboard, the USB connection is connected into a usb header and the sata cable is also connected.

CAM software shows fan speed at 0rmp and the pump at 0rpm so I'm really confused! I can change the setting from silent to performance and the fans speed up so it has control but CAM still displays 0 fan rpm!!

My motherboard is a msi x470 gaming pro carbon - it does have a pump header so should I more the cpu fan to that instead?

On another note when I first turned the computer on and was in the BIOs menu the temps went to 60 but then I could hear what I think was the pump kicking in and bringing the temp back down to about 40c....so I'm really confused!

Solution
I THINK I SOLVED IT!

After going back to bios, I notice in the fan section was also showing 0rpm on fans so I checked the setting for the fan/pump there is an option for PWM, DC or Auto mine was set to auto so I changed it to PWM and all of a sudden it shows the rpm.....now I have fan rpm at 780 and pump at 2400 which will change is temp goes up as per the fan curve I set up! I can go to bed now! Idle temp is around goes from 25-34c now so I'm happy with that!

andyl49

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I THINK I SOLVED IT!

After going back to bios, I notice in the fan section was also showing 0rpm on fans so I checked the setting for the fan/pump there is an option for PWM, DC or Auto mine was set to auto so I changed it to PWM and all of a sudden it shows the rpm.....now I have fan rpm at 780 and pump at 2400 which will change is temp goes up as per the fan curve I set up! I can go to bed now! Idle temp is around goes from 25-34c now so I'm happy with that!

Solution