[SOLVED] Kraken x62 do I have it on correctly or no ? Thanks !

indianajune1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Hey thanks for any help ! I’m super confused about the push / pull configuration. The case I have had to be top mounted, and I have the fans on top of the radiator pulling air into the case , a fan on the front pulling air in, and a fan in back exhausting air . The gpu has two fans not a blower , and the psu is fan aimed down blowing air out the bottom with a cover over it. I’m wondering if this is incorrect And the radiator Should be on top of the case with the fans on bottom blowing air through it and out ? Sorry if that’s confusing.

Solution
The psu is fan down. It sucks air in from underneath, doesn't blow it out. It blows out the back. It's basically self contained and doesn't affect temps or airflow inside the case.

Both top fans should be mounted as exhaust. Doesn't really matter much if they are mounted underneath the rad (push) or above the rad (pull), as long as the airflow path is set for out not in. There are distinct advantages to pull though, which is how they are physically mounted in your picture. Pull gets lower temps at lower rpm than push, so if you run silent mode in Cam your fans will stay under @ 900rpm, and is more effective. It's only when fans spin over @ 1300rpm that push is more effective.

The other advantage is cleaning. Far easier to clean the...

indianajune1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Here is a pic
tumblr_pu8x762VdU1sez09to1_1280.jpg

May 4, 2019
I'd turn the front fan around unless you really need fresh air over a bank of drives. Two fans in, two fans out. The idea is to not make your radiator fans work against a pressure build up. If the side is open, it won't matter much.

It doesn't matter a whole lot, and there is always a compromise somewhere unless you liquid cool everything. Your config dumps air warmed by the radiator into the case, so the graphics card gets warmed air and runs a bit hotter. If that is a problem, then turn the radiator fans around and use them to exhaust air from the case, Now both of the other fans should point in to balance the pressure. The air heated by the graphics card is now going to exhaust over the radiator, raising the CPU temp slightly. Filters should be used on the input fans if you have a dust problem.

If the side of the case is ventilated, then the pressure balancing is less of an issue, but pay attention to it if you use the tempered glass or other solid sides. They may look nice, but they don't help with temperatures or air flow.

indianajune1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Hey, thanks for the reply ! Just saw this. I kinda worked out for now. I’m not over clocking yet expect the gpu that’s factory oc so the cpu Max is 70c under full load and the gpu max temp is like 62c until the fan kicks in then drops to about 58c . So I’m good. Except it does suck a lot of dust in even with filters on top.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The psu is fan down. It sucks air in from underneath, doesn't blow it out. It blows out the back. It's basically self contained and doesn't affect temps or airflow inside the case.

Both top fans should be mounted as exhaust. Doesn't really matter much if they are mounted underneath the rad (push) or above the rad (pull), as long as the airflow path is set for out not in. There are distinct advantages to pull though, which is how they are physically mounted in your picture. Pull gets lower temps at lower rpm than push, so if you run silent mode in Cam your fans will stay under @ 900rpm, and is more effective. It's only when fans spin over @ 1300rpm that push is more effective.

The other advantage is cleaning. Far easier to clean the dust out of the rad, since it's visible, you don't have to remove the fans to get at it.

The front fans should be set for intake. Whether you use a rear exhaust is up to you, in my case (kraken x61) I actually raised cpu temps with a rear exhaust mounted as the top rear fan of the radiator lost airflow. It got stolen by the rear exhaust.

With a set in-front-out-top pathway you maximize airflow in a direct line, additional fans just confuse that, adding irregular paths.

Oh, and personally I'd see what could be done to turn your pump head 90° to the right. Not only will that set nzxt as horizontal instead of vertical, but removes the usb/wiring from sticking directly into the ram...

Last edited:
Solution