[SOLVED] Kraken x62 for overclocked i9 9900k

Oct 9, 2019
Will the kraken x62 be enough to overclock the i9 9900k to 5 ghz and what is considered a healthy heat

Solution
Yep. That i9 will purr like a kitten with the x62. That cooler is rated 350w+. The i9 maxed out is 200w unless you push a 5.0GHz locked core OC, then it shoots upto 250w. So thermally there's plenty of room. What your actual temps will be like will be upto your room temps, case, airflow and how/where you mount the x62.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Base speed is 3.6GHz. But almost all motherboard manufacturers include Turbo of some sort, which is an intel authorized factory OC. You'll get single core turbo of 4.9GHz+, then that starts dropping off as you add cores, voltages, power and heat until you end up with a full 8core/16thread turbo boost at 4.7GHz.

Default factory optimized settings will include Turbo as enabled. Consider it a freebie Intel allows and is still covered under Intel warranty as normal usage. In reality it's an OC, in practice it's totally normal and even locked, non-k cpus can do it.

Oct 9, 2019
Base speed is 3.6GHz. But almost all motherboard manufacturers include Turbo of some sort, which is an intel authorized factory OC. You'll get single core turbo of 4.9GHz+, then that starts dropping off as you add cores, voltages, power and heat until you end up with a full 8core/16thread turbo boost at 4.7GHz.

Default factory optimized settings will include Turbo as enabled. Consider it a freebie Intel allows and is still covered under Intel warranty as normal usage. In reality it's an OC, in practice it's totally normal and even locked, non-k cpus can do it.
I dont have my i99900k yet, though I bought a z390 Aorus Pro. Does this motherboard have the turbo? I know it has good vrms

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yep. That i9 will purr like a kitten with the x62. That cooler is rated 350w+. The i9 maxed out is 200w unless you push a 5.0GHz locked core OC, then it shoots upto 250w. So thermally there's plenty of room. What your actual temps will be like will be upto your room temps, case, airflow and how/where you mount the x62.

Solution
Oct 9, 2019
Thank you, that answer really cleared up any doubts I had :) Thank You