[SOLVED] Kraken x62 NZXT CAM software bug

K1LLSW1TCH1

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
So i just bought a Kraken x62 to cool my i7 7700k and the issue im having as i have the pump running at 100 percent all the time and ive set up a custom fan curve in the CAM software but whenever i minimised or put CAM into system tray it ignores the fan curve ive set. For example i was doing a stress test last night and it should of run at 100 percent if i leave the software open the fans will run at 100 percent if i minimise it after like 10 seconds the fans will slow down then speed up then just go to 50percent when it should be running at 100 percent. I have the fans connected to the power supply using the cables that came with the Kraken x62 maybe i should try the motherboard im not sure has anyone else had this issue with the CAM software.

Solution
I used Cam for years, multiple versions updated, never had any issues like that so I can only assume it's something in the settings you have. It might not be Cam as such, it could be Windows reverting to bios settings when you minimize Cam, making it a background task.

I did have issues with Cam as soon as I updated to Win10 from Win7. The User Agreement constantly throwing up the 'Do you want to Run' thing. Quite annoying. So I set Cam up as a Windows task, it bypasses the UA totally, initializing before the OS is fully active. Also set to start minimized, so it never pops up, sits down next to the clock in the hidden apps, use it as I feel like. Being a windows task, windows no longer treats it as a seperate app, so doesn't override...

Lutfij

Titan
I'm sorry but it's...should've not should of.

The thing is that the fans connect to a daisy chain that stems from the pump block, which is fed power by the same SATA powered connector that's broken off the port off the pump block. meaning that bundle of cables from the pump is for power input and fan signal RPM.

That being said, I think the unit needs a firmware update if you haven't done the firmware update as of yet. Also which version of CAM are you on? I used to use CAM(Cryorig H7 Lumi) until I noticed that the app needs to be kept up to date like Microsoft's Windows 10 before it starts to get tipsy turny.

You also might want to see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on and if your motherboard BIOS has any updates pending.

K1LLSW1TCH1

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
I'm sorry but it's...should've not should of.

The thing is that the fans connect to a daisy chain that stems from the pump block, which is fed power by the same SATA powered connector that's broken off the port off the pump block. meaning that bundle of cables from the pump is for power input and fan signal RPM.

That being said, I think the unit needs a firmware update if you haven't done the firmware update as of yet. Also which version of CAM are you on? I used to use CAM(Cryorig H7 Lumi) until I noticed that the app needs to be kept up to date like Microsoft's Windows 10 before it starts to get tipsy turny.

You also might want to see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on and if your motherboard BIOS has any updates pending.

When i try to update the firmware it just says cannot connect to device before reprogramming. Try reconnecting the usb cable which i have tried several times. As for CAM i have tried the latest version and the beta version both of which have the same issue. BIOS is latest version currently.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I used Cam for years, multiple versions updated, never had any issues like that so I can only assume it's something in the settings you have. It might not be Cam as such, it could be Windows reverting to bios settings when you minimize Cam, making it a background task.

I did have issues with Cam as soon as I updated to Win10 from Win7. The User Agreement constantly throwing up the 'Do you want to Run' thing. Quite annoying. So I set Cam up as a Windows task, it bypasses the UA totally, initializing before the OS is fully active. Also set to start minimized, so it never pops up, sits down next to the clock in the hidden apps, use it as I feel like. Being a windows task, windows no longer treats it as a seperate app, so doesn't override any settings.

I personally just set it for silent mode, temps read by coolant temp not cpu temp and basically forgot it existed for the better part of 7 years. If coolant needs 100% pump, it does, if fans need 100%, they do. Never happened even with an i7-3770K at 4.9GHz.

With liquid cooling, there's absolutely no need to try and maintain the lowest possible temps, the cpu could care less as long as it is below throttle threshold.

Solution