Question Kraken X63 280 very loud noise, can i put it to 25 % ?

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hey guys,

I tilted my Case while the PC was on, to get the air out of the pump. I tilted it in every direction when the pc was shut down.
But since a few weeks theres a gurgling sound coming out of my pump. It wasn't at the beginning, but then it suddenly came.
Because I dont want to refund my Kraken X63 right now, I wanted to ask if it is safe to put the Pump to 25%-50% in NZXT Cam, because the noise is much lower then. Or could the liquid be getting to hot when Im playing a game for example?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Doing that most certanly will reduce the system's ability to remove heat from the CPU. It MAY still work, although the rad fans will have to run faster while the liquid loop is running warmer than normal. A LOT depends on just how hard you are working your system, and how hot the CPU chip gets with this reduced heat removal rate. Your choice, your risk.

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
So the only choice would be returning the AIO?

And if I play a demanding game and the CPU temps are fine should I not be okay then? Or do I have also look out for the Liquid Temps of the pump? Should the liquid temps not be higher than the CPU temps, would that be bad?
Is it not okay if I just watch the CPU temps, and if they're fine everything is okay?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Well, no. If you run the pump slower, it will wear more slowly. But what you descrobe does NOT sound like a worn-out pump. It sounds like a system that has lost significant fluid and has air bubbles. On almost all AIO systems there is no easy way for a user to refill them. Replacement is the cure. If you wait too long it can NOT be replaced free under warranty.

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Well, I bought it 2 months ago and a few weeks after it began. That's not normal right, having air bubbles so quickly right?
So there isnt any way to fix this beside returning the AIO?
Because I tilted my tower when PC was on and it did nothing ( manufacturers recommendation). Well I think I get back to air cooling then

TRENDING THREADS