[SOLVED] Kraken X73 AiO rattling noise only between 30 and 55 % Pump Speed

gman_science

Commendable
Apr 11, 2021
Hey guys,

I know there a a lot of posts already to the noise of pumps. I did also read a lot of them not really getting the solution. I have a X73 Kraken, top mounted radiator with the pump as lowest point. After two month now, I experienced a rattle noise of the pump?. I further investigated this, trying to figure out whether there is air in the loop. But it is so specific: Pump at 100 % super low noise.Even till down 60 %. But between 37 and 55 % Pump speed (adjusted over CAM Software) it rattles. I dont really know exactly whether it is the pump, cause the noise seems to come from the front of the case instead from the pump itself - anyway its correlated with the pump speed.

I'm really unsure whether something is faulty or ist just a resonsance noise because it is so specific. I have 3 chassis fans, 2 in the front and one in the back. Has anybody experienced such noise in such a context? I also checked whether it could be one of the radiotr fans, but does not seem so. at any level they are quite silent. Pump Speed is at 100 % in Bios.

coooling and performance is perfect, but the noise is new now.

thanks for the anserws in advance

jan

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys,

I know there a a lot of posts already to the noise of pumps. I did also read a lot of them not really getting the solution. I have a X73 Kraken, top mounted radiator with the pump as lowest point. After two month now, I experienced a rattle noise of the pump?. I further investigated this, trying to figure out whether there is air in the loop. But it is so specific: Pump at 100 % super low noise.Even till down 60 %. But between 37 and 55 % Pump speed (adjusted over CAM Software) it rattles. I dont really know exactly whether it is the pump, cause the noise seems to come from the front of the case instead from the pump itself - anyway its correlated with the pump speed.

I'm really unsure whether something is faulty or ist just a resonsance noise because it is so specific. I have 3 chassis fans, 2 in the front and one in the back. Has anybody experienced such noise in such a context? I also checked whether it could be one of the radiotr fans, but does not seem so. at any level they are quite silent. Pump Speed is at 100 % in Bios.

coooling and performance is perfect, but the noise is new now.

thanks for the anserws in advance

jan
It is more likely a mechanical issue with the low power to the pump. Generally AIO pumps should run at 100%. There is no benefit to running it at less than 100%.

Reactions: gman_science