[SOLVED] Kraken X73 replaced with Lian Li unifans

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I just recently purchased the X73 Kraken 360mm AIO and want to replace the fans with the Lian Li unifan SL120s to match the rest of the fans in my case. I just wanted to make sure this was entirely possible and if so does it have to be hooked up a certain way. I know the pump has 3 different connectors for each fan but the lian li unifans are daisy chained. So do I just plug them into one of the ports on the pump?

Solution
So do I just plug them into one of the ports on the pump?

Yeah, you can do that. Since all three fan connectors of the pump end up in the same connector on pump's side and there is 0 difference if you have all 3 fans plugged into one pump fan header or individually.

But when you have 3 fans already plugged into one header, don't plug any other fans into free headers, e.g another 3x fans per one header, making total of 9x fans for the pump to handle, since that will overload the pump fan control unit.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
So do I just plug them into one of the ports on the pump?

Yeah, you can do that. Since all three fan connectors of the pump end up in the same connector on pump's side and there is 0 difference if you have all 3 fans plugged into one pump fan header or individually.

But when you have 3 fans already plugged into one header, don't plug any other fans into free headers, e.g another 3x fans per one header, making total of 9x fans for the pump to handle, since that will overload the pump fan control unit.

Solution